Another Accessory Fuseblock Option

dutchinterceptor

• Member Contributer

I ran across this on another forum and thought it was way cool so figured I better pass it along. It's similar to the Centech which I've been using but this one is set up a whole lot better. It's a little pricey at $75 but it includes a built in relay and is still pretty small.

Fuzeblock FZ-1

fuseblock.png

• Member Contributer
I ran across this on another forum and thought it was way cool so figured I better pass it along. It's similar to the Centech which I've been using but this one is set up a whole lot better. It's a little pricey at $75 but it includes a built in relay and is still pretty small.

Fuzeblock FZ-1

fuseblock.png

That is a pretty nice set up. To bad I just did my Blue Sea set up. No biggie I would of been to cheap to drop the $75.

• 2 months later...

Here is some pics of the Fuzeblock. Very nice quality and fits snugly with some minor plastic trimming.gallery_2764_352_468055.jpg

DSC02015.JPG

gallery_2764_352_78871.jpg

DSC02017.JPG

gallery_2764_352_248758.jpg

DSC02022.JPG

• Member Contributer

The Fuzeblock FZ-1 is a clever design. Each of the six circuits can be selected as switched or constant. Also, it has a built in relay contained within the housing.

I recently installed a Centech AP-2, which has eight circuits (two with shared fuses), with three dedicated switched and five dedicated constant (or maybe the other way around). The Centech AP-2 is smaller than the Fuzeblock FZ-1, but doesn't include a built in relay, so with the relay, both the AP-2 and the FZ-1 take up about the same amount of real estate.

Although I'm perefctly happy with the AP-2, if I had to do it again, I think I would go with the FZ-1 because of its switched/unswitched versatility, and the built in relay. It is pricier, though, but the difference shouldn't be a deal breaker for most.

Archived