Held Gloves

ECX585

• Member Contributer
I have a pair of Held Steve gloves <snip> I've probably got 100,000 miles in them. <SNIP> Just this year, I started getting a tiny hole in the fingertip on one glove. So I bought a replacement pair of Steves, and demoted the old ones to use as spares.

Exact story here. Changed mine out at about 100k. THE most comfortable gloves I've ever owned. Hope they are still around at the next 100k mile mark.

:goofy:

Best Gloves I have ever worn. The only thing that I have worn that was even close to the Steve's was a pair of Dainese gloves I had a long time ago which cost about 450.

I have personally seen Held Steve's protect rider's hands in 3 seperate incidents.

And the saga continues.................I still love my HELD gloves, but with only one very light season on them, one of my gf's gloves (Held Phantoms) broke today. The cheap looking velcro strap actually pulled right out of the glove--turns out it was only glued on rather than stitched. I've contacted Held and we'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

Hmmmmmmm.......

Dunno what model my Helds are (think they're made in Hungary, as they have an "H" on the tab), but the stitching on the velcro tab on one strap unravelled, so I had to sew it up. Last week I had to get some work done on my leather jacket and pants, so I took my gloves in too - got the other one's tab sewn on, and had to have a velcro patch replaced (came apart).

While I like my Held gloves, and they're reasonably comfy, they're not up to the quality of the Italian gloves I've owned in the past (AGV, Spidi), and I won't buy them again. I expect the gloves to have to be replaced because they've worn out, not fallen apart.

• Member Contributer

HELD elected to repair my gf's gloves (less than 1 year old, maybe 1500 miles) rather than replace them. Seems like terrible customer service to me, considering the gloves cost nearly $250.

The general consensus seems to be that while HELD remains one of the best options, they are NOT as good as they used to be. We'll see how they wear as time goes on, but I'm thinking that $100 A-Stars may be a better bang for the buck.

• Member Contributer

I'm looking at getting a pair of Held Steve's for my dad and the Thrux gloves for myself. With the way things are sounding, I think i'll still get my dad the steve glove. I'm looking at Frank Thomas gloves right now. I think i heard that they were pretty good. Reasonably priced too.

Then again, my mom is going back to hungary to visit her mother. Maybe i'll just have here pick up some gloves while she's there.

Archived