Audiovox Ccs100 Cruise....

Guest joelmikel

Guest joelmikel

Did a search of the entire site and didn't find a single post where someone actually installed it.

Maybe I missed it or maybe it has never been done, maybe it's not possible.

I just ordered one for a big trip planned this summer and want to get it installed myself(if possible)....

Did a search of the entire site and didn't find a single post where someone actually installed it.

I just ordered one for a big trip planned this summer and want to get it installed myself(if possible)....

I've got one on mine. Somebody around here had a how-to thread a while back I think.

Anyway, I basically used the following site as my guide: http://fjr1300.info/howto/audiovox.html

I put the audiovox unit in the same spot the EVAP canister was. It just has a simply bracket that I bent into shape to hold the unit in place. The bracket uses the same mounting location that the EVAP canister used. I also wrapped an aluminum soup can around the unit to help protect it from heat and road debris. The controls are mounted to my clutch perch. Again, nothing too fancy. I just got some scrap metal, cut it into shape, and then bent it. I took the controls apart and used silicon sealant to waterproof it. Wiring it up should be too hard to do, and tapping into a vaccuum line should be a breeze if you can find some T-connecters or something. The hardest part is probably getting the throttle line from the audiovox unit hooked up to the throttle bodies. Again, some more scrap metal was used to get everything hooked up.

th_P9180527.jpg th_P9180526.jpg th_P9180523.jpg

th_P9180531.jpg th_P9180534.jpg

Thanks for the starting points fellas.

The video shows for a 2004 VFR... do you suspect the install will be similar on my 1998?

I'll give the FRJ link a read through ... I'm not a terribly technical person so I'm hoping I can

do this install myself smile.gif

I have installed one on my RWB two weekends ago with the help of a friend who intalled one on his about two months ago. We took pictures and intend on doing a write up with the pics as soon as we get the chance. He is a full time student and I own and operate a couple of business' so we are both a bit busy right now.

I can tell you it works great, much better than any throttle lock type deveice. Hopefully soon we can share the install specifics.

scott

• Member Contributer

At one time I had heard that the top speed you are allowed to set is 65-70 MPH with the Audiovox unit. Is this a fact, or just hearsay? I've been threatening to buy a unit from MC Cruise for a while now, but just have a hard time dropping that much coin ($730) for something I might not use alot. Just in case I can peak someone else's interest, here's a linky. Sorry for the hi-jack.

At one time I had heard that the top speed you are allowed to set is 65-70 MPH with the Audiovox unit. Is this a fact, or just hearsay? I've been threatening to buy a unit from MC Cruise for a while now, but just have a hard time dropping that much coin ($730) for something I might not use alot. Just in case I can peak someone else's interest, here's a linky. Sorry for the hi-jack.

Definitely not true about top speed. Guys on the blackbird site have run their's locked in at over 100mph ...

A guy I rode with last year had one on his bike and he had his locked in at 90mph for nearly 2 hours...

• Member Contributer
Here's some more decent install instructions on a XX... found 'em this morning

http://home.comcast.net/~steve.huminski/cb...ndex_cruise.htm

I love this forum. These instructions are incredibly clear, complete, and concise, and unambiguous to boot. Why can't manufacturers provide instructiions like these with their products?

Email me for a ton of info on installing CC100 on motorcycles

rvb100@comcast.net

Is this different from the CCS-100 Universal Cruise from Audiovox?

• Member Contributer
Email me for a ton of info on installing CC100 on motorcycles

rvb100@comcast.net

Is this different from the CCS-100 Universal Cruise from Audiovox?

I'm sorry, I meant CCS-100

• Member Contributer

Where do you find the CCS-100 now? I saw in the clearance bin at Autozone a couple of years ago for $89......I didn't know it could be adapted to the bike at the time.

No luck finding any sine that time.

Where do you find the CCS-100 now? I saw in the clearance bin at Autozone a couple of years ago for $89......I didn't know it could be adapted to the bike at the time.

Here's a good place to getthe CCS-100, not the cheapest but Murph is a super guy and runs a little shop with him and his wife. You would be supporting a super duper biker riding dude and he shipps very quick.

No need to purchase the vaccum canister, just make your own out of a 2" PVC pipe and two end caps and a threaded nipple.

http://murpskits.com/catalog/index.php?osC...a9a350b3ba76040

I've got another one NIB if you're interested.... PM me.

Archived