Honda 5cm Higher Windshield

Guest VFRoj

Guest VFRoj

Been browsing the discussions about different luggage, and noticed all the references to David Spears Spares. Looks like a great site. While there, I noticed the Honda OEM extended height windshiled (5 cm higher).

I'm interested in this, and just wonder how it compares to the other options available (Double Bubble, Puig, etc...).

Appreciate any help I can get on this.

• Member Contributer
Been browsing the discussions about different luggage, and noticed all the references to David Spears Spares. Looks like a great site. While there, I noticed the Honda OEM extended height windshiled (5 mm higher).

I'm interested in this, and just wonder how it compares to the other options available (Double Bubble, Puig, etc...).

5mm, is that correct? Doesn't seem like much = less than 1/4 inch.

Rich A

Like this one?

gallery_2632_535_4928.jpg

DSC00997.JPG

I like it alot. It fits much better than the ZeroG BD I had. I am 5'9" and the protection is very good.

I noticed more turbulance with the ZeroG than the Honda. The only thing is you have to careful when cleaning it, It scratches easy, But I have seen worse.

Been browsing the discussions about different luggage, and noticed all the references to David Spears Spares. Looks like a great site. While there, I noticed the Honda OEM extended height windshiled (5 cm higher).

raising the shield up will just move the noise up closer to your ears,

I'm not that concerned with noise, as it's pretty noisy anyway.

I just don't want to create turbulence that bobs my head around.

The current stock shield has the wind hitting where my chinbar and shield meet; I was hoping the taller shield would move the air up to the top of my helmet. If so, I wouldn't think it would be any louder, but my shield would stay cleaner (less bugs!).

• Member Contributer

I know a fella who just bought an FJR. He is having difficulty with the turbulence when he raises his windscreen. He has an Arai helmet which is great at cutting the air, but when his windscreen is up it creates turbulence right in front of his head which is noisier and less stable. I have also heard that with some screens where the air just clears your head, a slight pressure is felt behind you wanting to push your head fwd. What I have gathered so far is that the correct balance needs to be obtained. I would like to spend a day with five different screens and pick the best if I had the option. So far being 6' I get a solid shot of air into the helmet.

I'm not that concerned with noise, as it's pretty noisy anyway.

I just don't want to create turbulence that bobs my head around.

The current stock shield has the wind hitting where my chinbar and shield meet; I was hoping the taller shield would move the air up to the top of my helmet. If so, I wouldn't think it would be any louder, but my shield would stay cleaner (less bugs!).

I tried taller shields I wasnt impressed, everything from more noise, to more buffeting, to googly eyes that would make you want to throw up.

For me a 2inch taller seat, fixed everything well enough

Luckily the shields I used were 30 day money back guarantee, so I wasnt out on the experimentation

BTW ya need atleast 500 miles to put a shiled through all its paces and find its strenghts and weakness as it will have both no matter what ya go to IMO

I've found that the Zero Gravity double bubble moves the wind blast up by about 2 inches from the stock OEM screen. And the Zero Gravity ST screen doesn't seem to move the wind blast up any higher over the double bubble, but it does seem to make the wind blast less severe.

I'll use the ST screen in the winter and then switch back to the OEM screen in the summer.

Spud

The 5 cm taller Honda screen is right at 2" taller, which is why I was looking at it (I'm not a fan of tall shields, as the reverse flow buffeting they generate drives me crazy).

Just wondering what screen you're currently running that's 2" higher?

Spud

The 5 cm taller Honda screen is right at 2" taller, which is why I was looking at it (I'm not a fan of tall shields, as the reverse flow buffeting they generate drives me crazy).

Just wondering what screen you're currently running that's 2" higher?

I said, 2 inch taller seat, that moved me up out of the noise and better air. I did it mainly for my butt and legs, the better view and noise flow was a side effect.

But I've tried both the 4 inch laminar lip and the 8 inch and sent both back,

Archived