Us Size 10.5 And Having Difficulty Finding Boots That Fit

zx5go

• Member Contributer

Ok, so it seems that most boots come in Euro sizes and usually don't cross to US half sizes. I wear a US 10.5 and every boot that I've tried is either too large or too small.

Is anyone else out there a size 10.5 that can offer some good suggestions?

I don't have any local resellers so trying before I purchase is not an option.

• Member Contributer
Ok, so it seems that most boots come in Euro sizes and usually don't cross to US half sizes. I wear a US 10.5 and every boot that I've tried is either too large or too small.

Is anyone else out there a size 10.5 that can offer some good suggestions?

I don't have any local resellers so trying before I purchase is not an option.

It is best to try boots on before you buy them.

Even two boots of the same size from the same manufacturer may fit different.

Take a trip to a bigger town.

If you absolutely can't find one that fits, buy the larger one and put an insole in it. Take that out in the winter and put on thicker socks.

• Member Contributer

I have difficulty getting a good fit from boots. My left foot is a full size larger than my right and the instep is another 1/2 size out on both...I generally wear a size 10 1/2 or 11. I found the Alpine Stars in a 45 to be very good fit when using their thick socks.

• Member Contributer

I'm a 10.5 also, and have worn Alpinestars GPS3 boots and now sport Sidi B2's (both in size 45)...the A'stars fit great, but the velcro calf closure got to the point it wouldn't stay closed (I think alot of their boots now have a buckle closure). The Sidi's are a bit more snug, but still very comfy...for extended walking, I'd prefer the A'stars, though.

• Member Contributer
I'm a 10.5 also, and have worn Alpinestars GPS3 boots and now sport Sidi B2's (both in size 45)...the A'stars fit great, but the velcro calf closure got to the point it wouldn't stay closed (I think alot of their boots now have a buckle closure). The Sidi's are a bit more snug, but still very comfy...for extended walking, I'd prefer the A'stars, though.

I put pretty decent replacement insoles in my Sidi's and they are good for a day on your feet now.

• Member Contributer

I am a 10.5 in most shoes. I have 2 pair of Alpinestar boots. Both size 45 aka 10.5. Both my Street /commuter boot and my MX boot fit like a glove.

I had the problem with my velcro on my Street boot and took it to a shoe repair guy and he sewed new velcro on for $15.00. Good as new.

My $.02

I know what you are going thru, I wear the same size and the best advice tat i can give you is do what I do, buy the pair that is a little big and then put in gel soles, they will take up enough room to make them comfortable, and the gel soles will also take away some of the vibrations in the feet. Also just keep in mind that if you are looking at a racing style boot if you go a size bigger make sure the shifter pads covers the part of your foot that hits the shifter! i just bought a pair of Alpinestars and they fit a little big but with the soles they are wonderful!

• Member Contributer
I know what you are going thru, I wear the same size and the best advice tat i can give you is do what I do, buy the pair that is a little big and then put in gel soles, they will take up enough room to make them comfortable, and the gel soles will also take away some of the vibrations in the feet.

+1

That's what I did with my Sidi boots and it worked great!

• 6 months later...

Sorry about adding to an old post, but I'm a 10.5 - 11 depending on the brand. I picked up Oxtar Matrix II boots and they fit very well.

10.5 here. Size 45 is the right fit

+1 w/ Sidi B2's anyway. Different boots have different fits, Sidi works best for me. Keep in mind that not all 10.5 are the same shape. Boots, helmets, gloves are a for sure a try before you buy deal for me.

Archived