Ideas On How To "age" An Exhaust?

Guest VFRoj

The more you ride, the more meliflous it will become. It's a Zen thing. There are no easy shortcuts. Only dedicated throttle twisting and serious burning of combustibles at warp speeds will lead you to the desired auralgasm you seek. <_<

Melvis, can you send me some of that stuff you are smoking? :blink: Sounds like a lot of fun :thumbsup: and I can use some fun right about now.

Seriously, not only I learn a great deal about motorcycles, but cool new words as well :blink:

Now, if I could only think of a sentence to use them in... :rolleyes:

Smoking? Me? Just don't panic - it's organic <_< ---~ I must however correct a grievous typo from earlier - it's spelled mellifluous. Just so we know...

How about this - perhaps it could be the pickup line of the year: But of course my motorcycle is the most mellifluous thanks to its magical Vee four. Guranteed to give you an auralgasm, unlike inferior and stinky inline fours... So what say you, you fetching, lissome lass? Shall we away on my valiant steed to somewhere less mundane? Your wish is my command...

:goofy:

• Member Contributer
Smoking? Me? Just don't panic - it's organic <_< ---~ I must however correct a grievous typo from earlier - it's spelled mellifluous. Just so we know...

How about this - perhaps it could be the pickup line of the year: But of course my motorcycle is the most mellifluous thanks to its magical Vee four. Guranteed to give you an auralgasm, unlike inferior and stinky inline fours... So what say you, you fetching, lissome lass? Shall we away on my valiant steed to somewhere less mundane? Your wish is my command...

:rolleyes:

Here's the translation for yer redneck friends:

"Hey thar good lookin'!! You got some nice cans thar gilrie!! Jump on the back 'a mi Hawg and we'll go tie one on yahear???:"

LOL. :blink:

:blink:

edited out:proper-like grammer

• Member Contributer

Back on topic:

Chonsey's bike is the nicest sounding 6th gen I've heard. I am pretty sure he bought those pipes just for the sound. :lol:

Can't remember what they were.......Remus? Scorps??

Back on topic:

Chonsey's bike is the nicest sounding 6th gen I've heard. I am pretty sure he bought those pipes just for the sound. :lol:

Can't remember what they were.......Remus? Scorps??

Indeed - I must concur. If memory serves right, his bike sounded righteous. It elicited sonorous aural pleasures from deep within. Or sompin' like that... ...'ere... <_<

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer
I don't know about 6th gen Staintunes, but the high right system I have on my 95 seems to have mellowed in tone with age. I still remember the more raspy (some say tinny) sound it had when I first got it. It certainly sounds better now with a more mellow/lower tone. But thats after may years on the bike (since 97, maybe). I suspect that the steel wool eventually loads up with carbon and that tends to have the same effect as fiberglass packing matting down in other brand mufflers.

Beck

95 VFR

Maybe it's your eardrums that have mellowed :beer: :salesman:

%201.gif +1 You do lose your high hearing first, that will make it less "tinny" over time.

• Member Contributer

I bought my Two Bros. for the sound...........does that make me a bad person?

I don't know if this works and I'm not saying that it is a good idea, but I heard from a guy once that if you mix a little diesel with your gas it helps to break in a new exhaust.

Again, I just heard this from some other guy. It might be one of those Urban Myths.

• Member Contributer

step 1 : GET 400 DOLLARS

step 2 : fill up and ride until you only have 200 dollars

step 3 : turn around and repeat x2 =)

• Member Contributer

ohh diesel in a gasolene engine hmmmm ive had bad exp with that in cars.

I don't know about 6th gen Staintunes, but the high right system I have on my 95 seems to have mellowed in tone with age. I still remember the more raspy (some say tinny) sound it had when I first got it. It certainly sounds better now with a more mellow/lower tone. But thats after may years on the bike (since 97, maybe). I suspect that the steel wool eventually loads up with carbon and that tends to have the same effect as fiberglass packing matting down in other brand mufflers.

Beck

95 VFR

Maybe it's your eardrums that have mellowed :biggrin: :salesman:

You must be related to "Andrew" from the old Big VFR site tongue.gif .

Beck

95 VFR - "Tuned" very nicely!

• 2 months later...

Take a peak at this site for a different sounding VFR 6th gen!!! :fing02:

http://projectvfr.com/video-and-audio/

...also slightly different looking

Beck

95 VFR

Maybe it's your eardrums that have mellowed :biggrin: :salesman:

You must be related to "Andrew" from the old Big VFR site tongue.gif .

Beck

95 VFR - "Tuned" very nicely!

Archived