My New Oem Bags

TimC

• Member Contributer
When I stay at a cheap motel, I don't just bring the bags in with me...

Better spring for a suite with double doors if you ever own a Gold Wing SEB................ +1.gif

Did you get any funny looks from the desk clerk when you walked your bike thru the lobby and onto the elevator? :beer:

And how did you manage to fit it onto the elevator? :beer: You had to have removed the hard bags first, right?

:P

Did you get any funny looks from the desk clerk when you walked your bike thru the lobby and onto the elevator? :beer:

And how did you manage to fit it onto the elevator? :huh: You had to have removed the hard bags first, right?

:P

Found a place with an outside door! And I didn't mention it to the desk clerk... wink.gif Took the bags off and brought them in with my other gear, did some furniture rearranging, then rode over to the nearby Subway. Came back with dinner, folded in the mirrors, rode her in, and holed up for the night. :lol:

Skuuter, if they can lift my future Goldwing into their truck to take it away, they deserve it! :P (and yes I said future 'wing, give me another 13 years till my son graduates school :beer:)

• Member Contributer
Skuuter, if they can lift my future Goldwing into their truck to take it away, they deserve it! :P (and yes I said future 'wing, give me another 13 years till my son graduates school :beer:)

Yeah, it makes a difference when all the kids are "grown-n-gone". Same here...anybody that can pick a Wing up, I'm not arguing with em'.... :P Back in the 70s, we always rolled the choppers into the motel rooms at bike week in Daytona...probably didn't help the "biker image" much............. :beer:

• Member Contributer
I bought Bestem liners through e-bay for my sidebags. No complaints.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-VFR80...emZ150197257843

I still use those zippered plastic bags that come with bedding sheets for use inside my Ventura tailbag to keep stuff dry. Yes, cheap I be whenever possible.

How do the Bestem liners fit? Are they exactly the right size and shape as the listing says? And do you find that they waste any space in the bottom inner section of the bag, where there is that little cavity that fits under the exhaust?

Thanks

• Member Contributer
I got the Honda bag liners a while back too, and used them on one trip so far. I got them new on ebay from a dealer in Florida for $40, the only thing I don't like, is you can't pack as much in them as you can if you use space saver bags and the whole interior of the hard bag. The way the hard bags pop off so easy, I don't mind carrying them into and out of places.

This is why I haven't got around to getting liners yet (plus the price!). I've got a few gym bags that are small enough to fit, plus some room left over. But overnight at the kind of motels I stay at (think Motel 6), I'm gonna pop the bags off and carry them inside. I wouldn't want someone busting in to an empty hardbag, thinking there may be something inside, and destroying it. Same for my hard trunk.

A few years back, when I decided I needed to upgrade from my CBR to something more touring oriented, the hard bags were one of the main reasons I chose the VFR, and only looked at used bikes with included bags. A great investment for resale, if you eventually sell the VFR.

Bill

USATOUR2006067.jpg

:D

I thought this was normal. Never have seen a motel that said "No VFR's allowed". smile.gif

Archived