Birthday Turkey Weekend Tour

• Member Contributer
Out of curiosity Doug, how much was a room in Helen ? I know seasons and other variables exist, but I was just wondering for a rough idea......... :thumbsup:

We paid $80 for a room at the hofbrau. The hotel was ok. Clean but a little old. I would say it was a fair price. One of the best things is that we parked the bike at the hotel and all the attractions are 2 blocks away.

Thanks, that sounds reasonable enough...clean and old is fine. Mitzie is "tighter" about what she pays for a room than for a motorcycle............. :rolleyes:

Just as long as you undrstand I mean old as in need of a re-model. Not old like the biltmore house.

Yep....been there, stayed in "THOSE".............. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
be good...be good, or I will tease you endlessly about your mad cap adventures in Arivaca..... :lol:

HAHA, I think I laugh at myself more than others do :P ,,,,,by the way,,, about the last time you were at Nimbus,,, :o went back to the shop with somethin draggin????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats what ya get for not lettin me know you were there!!

• Member Contributer

Mrs. skuuter looked at the pictures.......Helen will definetly be on the "08 skuuter crawl events calendar"................... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Nice report. Nice trip. Excellent birthday. Lots of birthdays are completely unmemorable. It should be tough to forget 2 days in 30 degree weather. Late happy birthday to your wife.

Now that's a great getaway for the two of you. Glad you enjoyed it. Nice pics, btw.

I haven't been to Helen since the late '90s, but your pictures reminded me of good times there, and of all the fun I had riding around N. Ga., Tn., and N.C.

• Member Contributer

Nice pics. Glad ya had fun! There is some really nice riding in N. Ga. I shall be seen there in 2008.

• Member Contributer
Nice pics. Glad ya had fun! There is some really nice riding in N. Ga. I shall be seen there in 2008.

Also on the "skuuter 08 calendar"....... B)

Archived