Is It Christmas Yet?

turtlecreek

I have been spending a lot of time and money on my track bike lately and was feeling like I was neglecting my baby :unsure: . So, I decided to spend a $ or 2 and get several electrical items I have been wanting. I received it all in today: VFRharness, relay block, blue connector jumper, speedohealer and voltmeter. I am excited and ready to install them all in the coming weeks. Pictures to follow as I get into it.

• 2 months later...

I finally did my recall last week, so while the plastics were off and the weather turned cold, I decided to do all of the mods. I wasn't sure if I should put on the VFRharness anymore, but since it allowed me to add the relay block so easily, I went ahead and did it too so that I could add heated grips and a radar detector some time in the future. The speedo healer was super easy to install and setup. Took all of 30 minutes, including test runs. The lascar voltmeter was cheap and fits nicely on the inner fairing. So here are the pixs.....the wiring job is a little messy, but it all works.

vfrharness mess of connectors on rt side:

IMG_0219.jpg

relay block and pciii in rear end

IMG_0217.jpg

speedohealer (set at -13% to correct for 15T front sprocket and honda conservative speedo)

IMG_0215.jpg

lascar voltmeter (just in case....)

IMG_0214.jpg

well, thats all the mods for now....back to riding! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Ah, guilt is soothed.............. :rolleyes:.....I got the Honda headsets for the Wing today......gotta' mount em' in the helmets so Mrs. skuuter can "navigate".......... :P

• Member Contributer

Hint, buffer that pc, with some foam, underneath. :salesman:

P.S., Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hint, buffer that pc, with some foam, underneath. :salesman:

P.S., Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not sure i know what you mean. it is attached with velcro (not held by the strap you see going over it. it doesnt touch) so do you mean to put foam under it around the velcro? oh...just realized that i forgot to put my bug buster on!! doh! i'll put it on today.

• Member Contributer

What made you think of the bug buster.........R-I-V-C-Y-K-O post maybe............. :rolleyes:

What made you think of the bug buster.........R-I-V-C-Y-K-O post maybe............. :rolleyes:

yep! i cant remember anything unless i have a trigger. with a trigger, i seem able to recall E-V-E-R-Y thing.....not sure what you call that condition.....getting old? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

yep! i cant remember anything unless i have a trigger. with a trigger, i seem able to recall E-V-E-R-Y thing.....not sure what you call that condition.....getting old? :goofy:

HHhhhmmmm....."I" have no idea........... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I call it being an alcoholic. I was actually speaking of foam underneath. The velcro ought to add a good buffer, though.

Oh what fun oh what joy!!!

Careful now you've got the VFRness mounted, I mounted mine and promptly smashed the VTECker into a guardrail due to the extra power boost it provides!!!

:goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

:rolleyes: :blink: :goofy: :blink: :goofy: :blink: :wacko: :blink:

Gonna go cry in my pretzels again.

• Member Contributer
Oh what fun oh what joy!!!

Careful now you've got the VFRness mounted, I mounted mine and promptly smashed the VTECker into a guardrail due to the extra power boost it provides!!!

:goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

:rolleyes: :blink: :goofy: :blink: :goofy: :blink: :wacko: :blink:

Gonna go cry in my pretzels again.

Nothing like raw voltage actually flowing through "non-overly-heated" fresh wires to make someone lose their head and "crank-it-up"........................... :goofy:

• Member Contributer
Nothing like raw voltage actually flowing through "non-overly-heated" fresh wires to make someone lose their head and "crank-it-up"........................... :goofy:

:offtopic:

Sounds like a prison facility that will remain unnamed here.....

:P

Archived