Buying An Ohlins From The Us

Guest oz-e

Question

Hi,

I am on the verge of purchasing an Ohlins for my '04VFR from Hard Racing.com.

What with the great Aussie dollar right now they seem to have a good price ... $676 + freight + 3% Credit Card fee = US$787 (AU$872) - for a 46DRS Part #: HO203 to suit Honda VFR '04

Anybody got had any experience with them or otherwise, before I commit my hard earned dollars so far overseas.

Otherwise are there any other suggestions for places to buy?

TIA

Dave

14 answers to this question

Hi,

I am on the verge of purchasing an Ohlins for my '04VFR from Hard Racing.com.

What with the great Aussie dollar right now they seem to have a good price ... $676 + freight + 3% Credit Card fee = US$787 (AU$872) - for a 46DRS Part #: HO203 to suit Honda VFR '04

Anybody got had any experience with them or otherwise, before I commit my hard earned dollars so far overseas.

Otherwise are there any other suggestions for places to buy?

TIA

Dave

I've bought 2 Ohlins shocks and an undertail kit from them over the last few years. No issues. Fast, professional service. I have yet to see a better price on Ohlins in the US (from a reliable retailer).

Hi TIA,

I bought Marchesini forged wheels from Hard Racing, they had a sale (plus a $275 discount) which was the best price by far, 1 week later they were delivered. I did call them on the phone because my application wasn't listed on the website. They were friendly and promt and took good care of me. Be sure to ask about the return policy before making an order - there is a 20% restocking fee, and some items are non-returnable.

-Chris

I have a brand new, unused HO323 46DR that fits your bike. I was going to put it on eBay. Would you be interested?

I have a brand new, unused HO323 46DR that fits your bike. I was going to put it on eBay. Would you be interested?

rhubarb,

Sorry I missed your post .. would have been interested. Is that the one with the remote preload tho? However, following recomendations from the guys here I have already ordered from HardRacing.com & the Ohlins has already landed in Oz. Now waiting patiently for our postal service to get it all the way up north.

Thanks all who responded.

Dave

I am checking on our pricing now...

...and the magic number is... ??

Yeah... I'm interested!!! (like I could ever take advantage of something that cool... but it would look sweet smile.gif )

Yeah... I'm interested!!! (like I could ever take advantage of something that cool... but it would look sweet smile.gif )

I have a 46DRS, but I really would like to have compression adjustment! I'd think about selling mine and throwing in a few dollars for the extra adjustment.

• Member Contributer

I would lose a couple bucks selling it for the price listed in the thread, so no go.

I have a 46DRS, but I really would like to have compression adjustment! I'd think about selling mine and throwing in a few dollars for the extra adjustment.

So that's the one that doesn't have the remote adjuster? I really wanted that remote for two up with the wife. Let me know...

So that's the one that doesn't have the remote adjuster? I really wanted that remote for two up with the wife. Let me know...

The 46DRS does have the remote preload adjuster (that's what the "s" stands for), & I think he is looking to swap it for the one that has both remote preload & remote COMPRESSION damping.

Dave

Archived