What To Expect From Racetech Springs Only

Guest VFR XTC

You can get the bushings from Honda. New dust seals come with the fork seals.

Jeremy,

I'm trying to figure out what I need to get from Honda. Is the bushing I need the Guide Bushing (11) or Guide Slider (12)? And is the the seal set (21) what I want? Someone said new dust seal (28) were included but it looks like those are a seperate part. So do I also need to order those also?

gallery_3243_3431_26728.jpg

fork diag.JPG

thanks.

You can get the bushings from Honda. New dust seals come with the fork seals.

Jeremy,

I'm trying to figure out what I need to get from Honda. Is the bushing I need the Guide Bushing (11) or Guide Slider (12)? And is the the seal set (21) what I want? Someone said new dust seal (28) were included but it looks like those are a seperate part. So do I also need to order those also?

gallery_3243_3431_26728.jpg

fork diag.JPG

thanks.

You want parts 11 and 21. The dust seal does come with the oil seal. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Jeremy,

thanks.

You want 11, 12, and 21. 21 is the set that includes both the oil seal and dust seal.

Check the link in my signature for pricing if you are planning on ordering these :salesman:

I am 180 lbs and went with the .95.

Its great, I also changed ( with a lot of help from Sebspeed, thanks again) the valving. What a big change, stiffer and smoother.

BUT!!!!..... there is always a but, the back end seems even softer then before so that will have to be fixed.

If you change your fork springs be ready, you might have to deal with the rear shock.

I ordered some 0.95 Sonic springs, then freaked out because even though that's what their caluclator came up with for my weight (~200 poooondz) all you guys seemed to be recommending 0.90s. Should I see if I can change the order, or will it be OK?

Thanx, Jeremy! :thumbsup:

Before you replied I went back to their (Sonic Springs) site, and even when I put myself AND the VFR on a diet, it still came up as 0.95, so I guess they're OK.

Archived