Pilot Road 2s

Guest tpierce(MP)

Guest tpierce(MP)

i went to my local tire shop Friday to see about getting a set of Pilot Road 2s to replace the OEM Dunlops on my VFR, i was told that the Road 2s are not out yet, fronts are in country and should be out w/in a few weeks, rears should be out in a month or two... I guess i'll be getting Stradas as my rear tire is shot...

negatory good buddy. they aren't available in north america yet. not sure why, people keep mentioning a fall release - which makes little sense since we all ride in the summer. i ended up just getting the pilot roads, next year i'll try the pilot road two compound tires. couldn't find bridgestone bt021 tires here either, which is a similar tire.

• Member Contributer
negatory good buddy. they aren't available in north america yet. not sure why, people keep mentioning a fall release - which makes little sense since we all ride in the summer. i ended up just getting the pilot roads, next year i'll try the pilot road two compound tires. couldn't find bridgestone bt021 tires here either, which is a similar tire.

I could not wait for the PR2s and went with the BT021s. Like them a lot! :thumbsup:

thanks guys, i called my local motorcycle shop today and they ordered a set of 021s for me, should be in and mounted Wednesday.

I was told by Michelin rep that the road 2's would not be available until the Fall. Not sure why they show them on the Michelin Canada site.I just installed Bridgestone Bt021's and am extremely impressed with them. Many modern tires are incredible [i've been riding for 35 years] but the 021's are truly incredible .Compliant would be the word that stands out. They are noticeable smooth on rough roads,with precise, effortless turn in.This with a dual compound rear. I just came off of a couple a pair of Pilot roads which were great, but this new generation of 021's and I suspect road 2's have moved the game on.The tire guys are not resting on their laurels!

• Member Contributer
I was told by Michelin rep that the road 2's would not be available until the Fall. Not sure why they show them on the Michelin Canada site.I just installed Bridgestone Bt021's and am extremely impressed with them. Many modern tires are incredible [i've been riding for 35 years] but the 021's are truly incredible .Compliant would be the word that stands out. They are noticeable smooth on rough roads,with precise, effortless turn in.This with a dual compound rear. I just came off of a couple a pair of Pilot roads which were great, but this new generation of 021's and I suspect road 2's have moved the game on.The tire guys are not resting on their laurels!

:goofy:

What he said. I just beat the hell out of a pair of 021's in the Gap area and I was amazed at how well they performed. The grip is amazing and the center wears like advertised. I don't see any reason to go to a PR2CT unless they significantly change the profile. As PR's are now....they just plain suck and don't belong on a VFR IMHO.

Sorry to be so vague on that last statement..... :beer:

thanks guys, i called my local motorcycle shop today and they ordered a set of 021s for me, should be in and mounted Wednesday.

Did you get these tires yet?

I called 7 shops today to be told no they haven't gotten them yet. Three of the stores called to check about availability, and all 3 said they were told that the pilot road 2 has a recall on them. Has anyone gotten these tires as of now, and has anyone else heard of a recall? :goofy:

Did you get these tires yet?

I called 7 shops today to be told no they haven't gotten them yet. Three of the stores called to check about availability, and all 3 said they were told that the pilot road 2 has a recall on them. Has anyone gotten these tires as of now, and has anyone else heard of a recall? :goofy:

anyone?

I could not wait for the PR2s and went with the BT021s. Like them a lot! :thumbsup:

why tire did you come off of?

last i heard was a september release date. i wasnt thrilled with the original roads, the 021's were a close choice, but i went with Avon storm's on the gixxer due to my commuting. they handle everything the bike can put out quite well. the rear has only broke loose under accelleration once, and that was when new and still shiny

I had the avons st break loose so many times under accel they gave me a complex, the Perilli strada never had issue

• Member Contributer

why tire did you come off of?

I had regular PRs before I installed the BT021s. Got the best mileage/wear out of my old PRs (compared to Lops and Bt20s) and thought the PR2 would be better. Would have bought the PR2 if available but no........

Stones have a smooth/compliant ride and better turn in. Braking is fantastic! Grip has been fine and you can see the dual compound effects as there is more scuffing on the sides of the rear than my old PRs. No rain riding in CA. :wheel:

No idea really on the BT21 wear yet after about 2K miles.

I like them! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

If the PR 2's are higher priced as the PPower2's, then where's the advantage when the 021 performs so well? Bridgestone got their act together on the 021's. Great to have competition.....

i went to my local tire shop Friday to see about getting a set of Pilot Road 2s to replace the OEM Dunlops on my VFR, i was told that the Road 2s are not out yet, fronts are in country and should be out w/in a few weeks, rears should be out in a month or two... I guess i'll be getting Stradas as my rear tire is shot...

I run the Z6 front and it seems to yield very good life, I've never ran the Z6 rear. I ran the strada rear because it was much cheaper and many say its the same tire as the Z6.

Well I just saw an article which reported rear tire wear on strada done at 4400 mile, mine yeilded about 4200 (so thats insync), but the Z6 rear was quoted as 8000 mile

If thats the case these two tires really cant be the same

Archived