Harbour Freight Tire Changer

R_Cote

While on the subject

If I take my tire valve core out and take a tie down around the outside diameter of the tire, will a SLIME CAR type electric air compressor seat the bead on a rear tire?

I'd think if the compressor is able to reach around 50-60 lbs it should work. Why remove the valve core if your inflating?

p.s. I just used my new No Mar bar with my HF tire changer yesterday - wow what a difference - slick as snot. I was torn between it and and the mojo lever, but No Mar sends along a free "yellow thingy", three replacement demount tips and lots of lube with their deal at $99 shipped.

While on the subject

If I take my tire valve core out and take a tie down around the outside diameter of the tire, will a SLIME CAR type electric air compressor seat the bead on a rear tire?

It may or may not work.. The volume of air is what you need if having a hard time gettting a tire to seat.. Its worth a try though.. If it doesnt work and you have no other choice spray some either inside the tire and connect and turn on the pump, then throw a match at it.. while stepping back quickly.. just dont use too much..

No Im not kidding.. I have had to seat other types of tires this way.... Last resort of course..

• 1 month later...

While on the subject

It may or may not work.. The volume of air is what you need if having a hard time gettting a tire to seat.. Its worth a try though.. If it doesnt work and you have no other choice spray some either inside the tire and connect and turn on the pump, then throw a match at it.. while stepping back quickly.. just dont use too much..

No Im not kidding.. I have had to seat other types of tires this way.... Last resort of course..

Its didnt work, I had to go to the gas station to seat the bead with spray bottle of tire lube. I tried a slime car compressor, never budged off zero psi, bouncing tire did nothing.

Archived