Avon Storms For 6th Gen Vfr

rbertalotto

• Member Contributer

> I got my new Avon Storm tires this morning. Ordered them on Sunday

> afternoon, and here two days later………………..Great service from Comp Acc.

> Dug out my tire machine and spooned them both on in under an hour.

> Balanced and away we go!

>

>

>

> The VFR was a real handful this weekend. Head shaking, into the

> corners and upon deceleration, vibration on the

> highway……(scolloped Metzler Z6 tires)…………..Simply, just not fun to ride!

>

>

>

> The VFR is transformed with new tires! Absolutely fantastic! None

> of the bad manners remain……………….Awesome handling. Drops right into

> the corners now and you don’t have to fight it to keep it there…………….

>

>

>

> Very, very pleased with the choice of Avon Storms……………….

• Member Contributer

I also just put a set of Storms on my Interceptor. Totally transformed steering, they are rock solid stable. Honestly, they feel alot like Pilot Powers, but more stable. Just my 2cents. Don't get all mad if you have Pilots on your bike!

• Member Contributer
What is the milage like on the Avon Storms?

I have about 2,000 miles on mine and they look almost new...... except for some recent squaring. Riding in this area sucks...... I gotta get back down south quick fast and in a hurry.

• Member Contributer
I just put on a set of Storms and took them to the Gap. Love these tires, the bike stuck like glue.

I can attest to Hammer's statement about sticking like glue, I couldn't get past him all week down south :unsure: Will be interesting Mike to see what kind of mileage you get out of them. If decent I may switch to the Avons when the metz wear out :thumbsup:

Welcome to the fold, guys! I don't think I'll ever buy a different brand of S/T tire. I left my house last August on a 7000 mile trip, on a set of Avon Azaros(previous model). When Igot back, I put another 900 miles on them, then put on a new saet front and rear. I coulda squeeked another 100 or so miles out of the rear tire, but decided not to. The front tire sits in my garage as a spare, because after 8000 miles it is still round, and is only about half used!! :thumbsup:

I couldn't have been happier with them, they stuck everywhere, even in the heaviest of rain, at the Gap, on the highway, and every bumpy place in between. The Storms can only be better, and I can't wait to try them out, although it's going to take a while to wear out my current set! :unsure:

Welcome to the fold, guys! I don't think I'll ever buy a different brand of S/T tire. I left my house last August on a 7000 mile trip, on a set of Avon Azaros(previous model). When Igot back, I put another 900 miles on them, then put on a new saet front and rear. I coulda squeeked another 100 or so miles out of the rear tire, but decided not to. The front tire sits in my garage as a spare, because after 8000 miles it is still round, and is only about half used!! :thumbsup:

I couldn't have been happier with them, they stuck everywhere, even in the heaviest of rain, at the Gap, on the highway, and every bumpy place in between. The Storms can only be better, and I can't wait to try them out, although it's going to take a while to wear out my current set! :unsure:

:goofy:

The only problems I've had, have been a persistent slow leak in the AV49-SP front (turns out the valve stem is cracking) and problems with the rear (AV46-ST) spinning up in the wet. My tyre tech couldn't understand the latter problem, and suggested the tread had been contaminated with something. It turns out that (once again) he was right. I cleaned it with a wee burnout, a longish ride in the country (was supposed to be 30 minutes and turned into 2.5 hours), and then just to make sure, I 'washed' it with brake cleaner. I also worked out that the 'contaminant' may have been wheel cleaner I used on the cars and the VFR. It contains silicon or summat to stop brake dust and road spooge sticking. Last time I washed the bike, I didn't use it, and I've had nae problems with grip in the wet (or dry).

My other 'problem' is these tyres have lasted longer than any others I've tried, and I can't wait for them to wear out so I can get some Storms! :lol:

Archived