Alternant De-dumboing Idea

Frogger4thga

• Member Contributer

Ummm. you're kidding, right? Why? Your better off de-dumboing, and putting a strip of leds down that front edge. Too much work, grafting. Sorry to be so negative, but that sounds like a lot of work, for somting that's gonna look,......well,.....like something I wouldn't do. To each there own.

I know dumbo ears are unfashionable around these parts, but you'll be sorry when they make a comeback in a few years. Then who'll be laughing!?!?!?! hahaahaHAHAHHAHA

• Member Contributer
I know dumbo ears are unfashionable around these parts, but you'll be sorry when they make a comeback in a few years. Then who'll be laughing!?!?!?! hahaahaHAHAHHAHA

The three people who will have dumbo VFRs left? :unsure:

Everybody hates Dumbo Ears.

You'd think so.

But my wife, #2 Son, and a lot of people on Kiwi Biker liked them better than my replacements. :unsure: SafetyNazis and namby-pambies, the lot of 'em.

Meh.

Everbody with any sense/taste/brains hates dumbo ears.

Actually, I don't mind the dumbo's. And I certainly prefer them to a patch. I suppose if I wanted to do all the work the signal mirrors from thurn with bondo'd and painted fairing would look pretty good, but honestly, they're just not that offensive.

• Member Contributer
Check out Toro1's 5th gen with turn signals of a kawi zxr: link

Rosso, they're actually Greggs Flushmounts LEDs. I picked them up for $30, and filled the old openings with extra bodywork platic cut to fit & blended in. Very inconspicuous, but also very bright.

• Member Contributer
Check out Toro1's 5th gen with turn signals of a kawi zxr: link

Rosso, they're actually Greggs Flushmounts LEDs. I picked them up for $30, and filled the old openings with extra bodywork platic cut to fit & blended in. Very inconspicuous, but also very bright.

30 bucks?!!!!!! Good score Toro they list for 130 on their website. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
30 bucks?!!!!!! Good score Toro they list for 130 on their website. :thumbsup:

You can buy just the lights -- I didn't need/want the billet housing, which is where the expense comes from, and they come wired and ready to go. I drilled a hole in the plastic so the light just peeks through, then epoxied them in. Oh, I also bought 2 power resistors from Radioshack for I believe $2 (to slow the blinking rate).

Archived