Texasmac 2007 Pictures

Speaking as a member who did not attend this year's TexasMac or any previous ones, but a a member that read with great interest about the preparations and results of this year's TexasMac, the one thing that I would not question is Baileyrock's true dedication to this event.

Thank you Sir! :goofy:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason I was very disappointed. Next time I want you to drag your helmet! You and your boy suck! I'm jealous....of course! Hope to meet you guys @ the fall ride. Nice lines btw

• Member Contributer
Jason I was very disappointed. Next time I want you to drag your helmet! You and your boy suck! I'm jealous....of course! Hope to meet you guys @ the fall ride. Nice lines btw

He was close to dragging his helmet in that picture. I hate it when that happens.

PA210092.JPG

• Member Contributer

I can't emphasize this point enough. I'm in no way questioning Bailyrock's commitment to this ride. His focus is in the best interest of everyone who attends the ride in making it safe and to honor Texasmac. I know this is an emotionally charged topic, so I'll try to be clear on exactly what I have issues with.

You're right that I have only heard a small fraction of the feedback. But I've been on my share of group rides, mainly in the same regions of NC,TN and GA as TexasMac. Also I'm not sure how many posts are required to have an opinion and I fail to see how my comments are out of place. My 'slights' are not about how the event was run or even missing your message. If this below is how you interpreted my post, then I wasn't clear.

I absolutely think you are way out of line coming down on my attempts to try and run and have a safe, fun and stress free Annual TexasMac events every year. You have no right IMO!

My issue is about how you mischaracterize other people's ideas in this thread, nothing else. It is unfair to twist 'ride your own ride' into something that means, 'you're on your own.' They don't mean the same thing. You follow this comment with, 'it's a challenge to the responsibility levels some of us lack or carry.' So you've twisted the original idea into 'you're on your own,' and then call people irresponsible for doing it.

If you really mean 'keep the ideas coming' in these threads, I'm just asking you to respect what was said without twisting the words.

I was a ride leader and I went down. I saw it as taking one for the team and teaching proper form on how to slide across a lane and a half without serious injury or damage. I considered my ride a training session for the less seasoned at the art of asphalt surfing. Right before that corner I yelled really loudly, "Hey ya'll watch this!" :D

On a serious note, the group I led rode a moderate pace and no one was left behind or felt uncomfortable. I did emphasize for everyone to ride their own ride and not let their ego get the best of them. My crash was a fluke thing but it did a prove the point that sometimes shit just happens when we aren't expecting it.

I honestly don't think Bailey was being condescending or that he was trying to be high and mighty in his posts, not in this thread anyway. wink.gif One thing I will say about Kevin is that he honestly does care about his fellow riders whether they be on a VFR, CBR, or a Kymco. The guy has a big heart and wants everyone to have fun, be comfortable, and be safe above all. Did I really just say all those nice things about Beetle Bailey? Oops, sorry, that Bailey guy is a prick and he won't even share a beer. :P

• Member Contributer

Sometimes being 54 years old is really not so bad......it has it's "perks"......not aimed at ANYONE...but, "Someday Grasshopper".......................... smile.gif ...has been an "interesting" thread with lotsa' various opinions and observations.......look back through all these posts and think about it...extremely difficult task to put all these varying ideas on the seats of bikes , put em' together in one location and pull off a successful ride.....virtually impossible feat, yet, "IT" has been very successfully done several times, always room for improvement with anything, but easier with good people attending, participating, and leading. Glad to know all you great VFRD folks......even the ones that "disagree" with me............... :P ...Oh yeah, if I was in my 20s again, I'd probably disagree with me too......... :thumbsup:

I can't emphasize this point enough. I'm in no way questioning Bailyrock's commitment to this ride. His focus is in the best interest of everyone who attends the ride in making it safe and to honor Texasmac. I know this is an emotionally charged topic, so I'll try to be clear on exactly what I have issues with.

You're right that I have only heard a small fraction of the feedback. But I've been on my share of group rides, mainly in the same regions of NC,TN and GA as TexasMac. Also I'm not sure how many posts are required to have an opinion and I fail to see how my comments are out of place. My 'slights' are not about how the event was run or even missing your message. If this below is how you interpreted my post, then I wasn't clear.

I absolutely think you are way out of line coming down on my attempts to try and run and have a safe, fun and stress free Annual TexasMac events every year. You have no right IMO!

My issue is about how you mischaracterize other people's ideas in this thread, nothing else. It is unfair to twist 'ride your own ride' into something that means, 'you're on your own.' They don't mean the same thing. You follow this comment with, 'it's a challenge to the responsibility levels some of us lack or carry.' So you've twisted the original idea into 'you're on your own,' and then call people irresponsible for doing it.

If you really mean 'keep the ideas coming' in these threads, I'm just asking you to respect what was said without twisting the words.

Sorry Gradus, you are correct in the fact that this ride is a very emotionally charged topic for me and I do tend to take things personally about it. My apologies if you or anyone feels like I am berating any of you, that is and never will be my intention!

I am more than happy to talk on the phone or in person to anyone about this subject at length, seems like my written skills may be lacking if I'm insulting anyone. sad.gif

Thanks again to everyone who have every attended any of these events! :thumbsup:

Archived