Michelin Pilot Road 2 (2 Compound) In Canada Yet?

superfunkomatic

just at the local dealership today, asking about prices for new tires, as i'm in the market for a set.

asked about the new michelin pilot roads 2 (2 compound) tires, but they had no information on them yet.

anyone in canada found them or tried them yet? they're listed on michelin.ca and suggest contacting a dealer, but none seem to have any info yet.

if i can't find them i'll just go with the pilot power 2ct tires, just thought i'd ask around.

thanx

superfunkomatic

• Member Contributer

Can't speak for Canada but you might consider the Bridgestone BT021. Same concept and I have a set on my VFR. Transformed it into a completely different bike from the Pilot Roads. I don't like Bridgestone tires but after a few hundred miles, I like the 021's so far. More miles will finish the story..... :thumbsup:

My friend used pilot roads on his Kawi ZZR1200 and liked them. He replaced them with Avon Storm ST's and LOVES them. And I can testify to those ST's sticking like glue around the gap and other twisties and through the rain. He pushed them much harder than I would have...LOL. He said they are great and are confidence inspiring with zero slipping. Thought I would mention that for ya!

i've had bridgestones before, and they were either really good or completely missed (BT45s) - one set lasted 10,000 kms the other only about 4,500kms.

i've considered the BT021s too, i read your thread, and others, and people seem to like them.

i've read about the azarro storms as well, but not a lot, not many have written or provided feedback about them.

i think if i can't find the road 2 tires, i'll choose between the BT021s or the Pilot Powers - at 400 bucks plus a year, it gets pretty expensive.

Can't speak for Canada but you might consider the Bridgestone BT021. Same concept and I have a set on my VFR. Transformed it into a completely different bike from the Pilot Roads. I don't like Bridgestone tires but after a few hundred miles, I like the 021's so far. More miles will finish the story..... :thumbsup:

apparently the launch of the PR2s in the US is the fall - september.

i can wait until late july before a big trip to change mine, hopefully we'll get them here too.

I would be very upset if the PR2s arrive in the States before I mount my BT-021s. <_<

• Member Contributer
apparently the launch of the PR2s in the US is the fall - september.

i can wait until late july before a big trip to change mine, hopefully we'll get them here too.

I would be very upset if the PR2s arrive in the States before I mount my BT-021s. <_<

I loved the PRs but could not wait for Version 2! The Stones are sitting in my garage!

Just replaced Dunlop qualifiers with the bridgstone021. the handling and ride are significantly improved. The Dunlops are great when new but only last about 5000miles, then the fronts develop severe cupping and cracking, the handling then becomes downright scary, the bike has a tendency to fall into corners and I developed a scary vibration on hard acceleration. With the bridgstones I have regained neutral steering and asmoother ride, I just hopes it can last me at least 10,000 miles

yep, i agree, the dunlops certainly do wear in an odd manner. and they flatten and cup in the centre, but still keep their 'v' shape over the rest of the tire making for uncomfortable and unpredictable turning.

thanx for the feedback.

Just replaced Dunlop qualifiers with the bridgstone021. the handling and ride are significantly improved. The Dunlops are great when new but only last about 5000miles, then the fronts develop severe cupping and cracking, the handling then becomes downright scary, the bike has a tendency to fall into corners and I developed a scary vibration on hard acceleration. With the bridgstones I have regained neutral steering and asmoother ride, I just hopes it can last me at least 10,000 miles

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a car guy, so I know next to nothing about moto tires, but the 2CT are available in Jax, Fl. I just got quoted from the Honda Dealer at $306 installed. On line, minus shipping they're 270, so I thought that wasn't a bad deal. Has anyone got prices on these or first hand experience? Looking into the Bridgestone BT201's as well. The Dunlops that came witht he bike are very flat and have worn oddly too. The transition around corners has just gotten to weird to keep riding with them. Besides, in the middle, the wear bars are about 1/8 inch from being even with the tread.

I'm a car guy, so I know next to nothing about moto tires, but the 2CT are available in Jax, Fl. I just got quoted from the Honda Dealer at $306 installed. On line, minus shipping they're 270, so I thought that wasn't a bad deal. Has anyone got prices on these or first hand experience? Looking into the Bridgestone BT201's as well. The Dunlops that came witht he bike are very flat and have worn oddly too. The transition around corners has just gotten to weird to keep riding with them. Besides, in the middle, the wear bars are about 1/8 inch from being even with the tread.

I have to think you are referring to Pilot Power 2TC's which have been available here for some time and Not the Pilot Road 2TC's which as far as I know aren't available in the US yet! :thumbsup:

Please let us know if that is the case as i would even consider trying them! :goofy:

i think you're correct baileyrock,

the 2ct powers are available, and have been for a while. all the dealers and online retailers i've chatted with seem to know little, if anything about the new 2ct roads.

i'm guessing we'll have to wait in north america.

wierd since BIKE magazine had a whole feature on how great these tires are, i believe nicky hayden commented how they felt like 'track tires' - pretty high praise.

i think you're correct baileyrock,

the 2ct powers are available, and have been for a while. all the dealers and online retailers i've chatted with seem to know little, if anything about the new 2ct roads.

i'm guessing we'll have to wait in north america.

wierd since BIKE magazine had a whole feature on how great these tires are, i believe nicky hayden commented how they felt like 'track tires' - pretty high praise.

TWO magazine last month did an article on Colin Edwards personal developement of these tires with Michelin. He has been working with Michelin for awhile on these tires and loves them. They said life expectancy would be in the 12k mile range.

• Member Contributer

Just replaced my PRs with BT21s this weekend. Replaced Michelins a bit early with 7.5 on the front and 6K on the rear. THis is on the high end for mileage for me.

Stones seem smoother with better turn in but all new tires have the perfect profile of course. Tour de California coming up so I will know more then.

Would have bought PR2 if they had been available.

Baileyrock is right! They are Pilot Power's. Like I said, I know jack about Motorcycle tires. As me about cars, good to go, motorcycles, blank stare. All tires for my bike seem to be close in price, I'm guessing for me, the Powers will work. I don't often drive like a nut, so anything has to be better than what I've got now. Going from a flat middle to a curved edge in corners feels like the bike is sliding until it grips. Anything round will probably be awesome!

Archived