Radar's Sliders Installed.

Rice

• Member Contributer

I received Radar's sliders in the mail today.

Canada Post is... well... let's just say lacking. Don't want to bash things Canadian.

Customer experience begins with packaging of the parcel. To be honest, I have never seen anything packaged so ...looking for the right word... "exquisite" comes to mind, so I'll stick with it.

The sliders themselves are made with the kind of worksmanship that people usually associate with jewelry. I don't want to go overboard and compare them to jewelry, but honestly, that was the first thing that came to mind when I looked at them.

The install went super smooth with the excepsion of one thing. The inside diameter of the aluminum guides is just a tad small. This causes the drill bit stick inside. I had to remove them and drill them out to size. Otherwise, everything is just as described in Ken's how-to.

Thanks Darren for an amazing product!

I should have said that a squirt of WD 40 - or some other lube in the guides might help. Unless you were literally unable to get the 1/4" drill through it?

Radar does some damn nice work.

Glad things went well - but wheres the pics????????

• Member Contributer
I should have said that a squirt of WD 40 - or some other lube in the guides might help. Unless you were literally unable to get the 1/4" drill through it?

I tried the WD40, but still had to drill them out.

I must say that it was not a big deal at all. Took me a minute to do the drilling. It was all gravy from then on :thumbsup:

Picks are coming tomorrow. It's too dark now.

I tried the WD40, but still had to drill them out.

I must say that it was not a big deal at all. Took me a minute to do the drilling. It was all gravy from then on :thumbsup:

Picks are coming tomorrow. It's too dark now.

sweet

Canada Post is usually very good, your slowdown may have had more to do with US customs than anything.

I've had the same experience with stuff coming north.

Gets to the border fine, then stalls for several days before it gets moving again.

Tracking numbers are a wonderful thing. smile.gif

Did you know USPS tracking numbers work on the Canada Post website and vice-versa?

After the package crosses the border, just use the other agency and the same TR# and you can watch it travel!

Guest 4stroke

I'm waiting on Radar's sliders. It's killin' me. Radar dropped them in Canada Post on the 14th and according to the tracking number, they sat in Saskatoon for 4 days before going to Mississagua on the 18th. They haven't moved since! I'm so ready to get 'em! Looking forward to some quality goodies!

I'm waiting on Radar's sliders. It's killin' me. Radar dropped them in Canada Post on the 14th and according to the tracking number, they sat in Saskatoon for 4 days before going to Mississagua on the 18th. They haven't moved since! I'm so ready to get 'em! Looking forward to some quality goodies!

Canada Customs and Revenue Agency has a location in Missisauga, so they're likely buried in customs right there.

Of course, nothing moves until Monday. Government at your service (not).

• Member Contributer
I received Radar's sliders in the mail today.

Canada Post is... well... let's just say lacking. Don't want to bash things Canadian.

Customer experience begins with packaging of the parcel. To be honest, I have never seen anything packaged so ...looking for the right word... "exquisite" comes to mind, so I'll stick with it.

The sliders themselves are made with the kind of worksmanship that people usually associate with jewelry. I don't want to go overboard and compare them to jewelry, but honestly, that was the first thing that came to mind when I looked at them.

The install went super smooth with the excepsion of one thing. The inside diameter of the aluminum guides is just a tad small. This causes the drill bit stick inside. I had to remove them and drill them out to size. Otherwise, everything is just as described in Ken's how-to.

Thanks Darren for an amazing product!

A big your welcome, very glad to here you are happy, now hurry up an post a pic, better yet take a picture that shows where you are from with you and your bike and send it to me, I'd like to start a scrap book of everywhere these things go.

Canada Customs and Revenue Agency has a location in Missisauga, so they're likely buried in customs right there.

Of course, nothing moves until Monday. Government at your service (not).

When I've sent things to US&A, or vice versa, they often track to Mississauga and then no further. Once, the stuff showed up at the other end and it was still listed in Mississauga.....

What buddy said about the package quality too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Or maybe they get held up in Customs cuz they look TOO good and they do sorta look like a PIPE BOMB!!!

OOOPS.... the Feds are already knockin at my door for that crack... :huh:

• Member Contributer

The pictures are in my gallery, but I can't seem to make my gallery post tool to work... never could actually.

Some help will be appreciated.

• Member Contributer
The pictures are in my gallery, but I can't seem to make my gallery post tool to work... never could actually.

Some help will be appreciated.

gallery_9588_2477_275293.jpg

gallery_9588_2477_323107.jpg