5th Gen - Licence Relocator

KanadianKen

CAme across this picture in my photobucket account, it is the licence plate/light holder that is on Banshee's Yellow 99 I sold him last year.

A fellow VFRD member billr, made the bracket for me.

I think it was a pretty cool mod. Additionally - I installed an LED licence light.

c768957a.jpg

Thats a sweet looking pipe on his bike I must say :goofy: Are you selling these License thingies Ken?

Not selling them - unless a bunch of 5th Genners want it?

• Member Contributer
Thats a sweet looking pipe on his bike I must say :unsure: Are you selling these License thingies Ken?

Oh ok . I just cut my plastic to that shape ,works great for getting all the water spray all over your back and such :thumbsup: But it does look cool :goofy:

Thats a sweet looking pipe on his bike I must say :goofy: Are you selling these License thingies Ken?

Oh ok . I just cut my plastic to that shape ,works great for getting all the water spray all over your back and such :thumbsup: But it does look cool :goofy:

Previous owner of Mello Yello had done a fairly bad fenderectomy. I had no choice but to clean the fender off completely and then the licence holder had to be fabbed up. It did look great!!

If you make it, I will buy one, it looked awesome on the 5th gen that you had...

I'll have to ask Banshee for the measurements. If he hasn't changed it it shouldn't be too hard to get it made up.

• Member Contributer

I made something similar for my 2000, posted the pictures, and all but one reply was negative...I killed the thread. Funny to see it get props now...

• Member Contributer
Thats a sweet looking pipe on his bike I must say :pissed: Are you selling these License thingies Ken?

Off note, I tried with 5th gen B.B.,..................Zip. Sold 1 Carbon fiber. LOL.

I made something similar for my 2000, posted the pictures, and all but one reply was negative...I killed the thread. Funny to see it get props now...

Life's a bi!@h. We still love 'ya! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

...asshat...you owe me a steak...

...asshat...you owe me a steak...

Now play nice boys..... at least this 5th Gen plate holder is a flat piece. I can get them cut relatively easy. I'll get a price on a batch of 10. Stay tuned.....

EDIT - OK - the "ask" is in. If I get measurements and the pattern, I'll get 10 made up. should be a little less than the 6th gen brackets - no bends. I'll start a new thread once I get more info. (LED Licence light not included)

Banshee has graciously offered to provide me the dimensions sometime late next week when he gets his bike back from its winter slumber. I'll get a price up ASAP on teh bracket, and post it in a For Sale thread.

Black powdercoated it will be, and I'll look to see if I can source the LED licence light as well. It is a slick setup!!

• 1 year later...

Was there any updates to this topic? I would like to clean up the rear fender area of my '98. That pic of the yellow 5th Gen shows just what my bike would look like, since I have that same pipe. It looks better. :fing02:

I've never ridden a bike with a fenderectomy. I don't quite understand how your back would get more wet in the rain as a result. How does that work? It seems like the seat is still in the way, and the spray isn't getting thrown forward, like on a pedal bike without a fender.

Archived