Vfrtiger's Carbon Fiber...

VFRshark

• Member Contributer

Errrrahhh.....feeling a bit nauseous......head is spinning.....must...fight...urge...to...say...anything...else....must........be.......polite.........

Trace,

Since you are a fellow Floridian, I am sure they will cut you a special deal since we know your fondness for Carbon Fiber :goofy:

gallery_4707_1061_213335.jpg

Stickerz

Yeah Baby... that's HOT... :joystick:

I'd like to add that I got a chance to ride it after this "Race Tech" mod, and I gotta say... one ride and I was VERY impressed with this bike. It had a great seating position, good protection and some wicked power! I turned the corner not realizing it and grabbed a handful and found myself staring at the sky, this thing wheelied all the way thru first gear and took off like a rocket. It ran up to 130mph pretty damn easy and after a quick (quite quick) trip down the Alpinegeist road here (local twisty, yet tricky section of interstate) it proved more then worthy in the corners as well. It's sooo bitchin that my friends told me (after I caught up with them), that they only had to wait 20 mins for me instead of the usual 35 mins... :thumbsup: So YOU know I was 'Railin...

I hate to admit it but I rode it for about 30 minutes and didn't want to give it back :thumbsup: I've been reading they make tons of accessories for it as well. But, I only am going to concern myself with finding room in my garage, powdercoating the rims and maybe adding some carbon fiber, it's that AWESOME, makes my 6th gen feel like a real pig. Don't worry, I'll post all kinds of pics and give you the nod as to what works best and why you too should get rid of your slow 6th gen.

I'm now finding myself daydreaming about it so much so that I'm thinking I want to save money and trade my 6th gen for an exact replica. My local dealer is a friend of mine and I know he'll take good care of me on my trade. I'm really not worried about saving money, cuz I make plenty of it even without all these great deals I get... in fact if I can save enough money, maybe I'll invest in a set of leathers and take pics of my neighbor (she's from Wisconsin, and everybody knows Wisconsin = Primo Babes) in them for all to see... :rolleyes:

You guys wanna see a picture of my Truck? Ok, enough for now, gotta run over to the other 8 sites I'm on and post the same thing.... later you poor biatches, sucks to be you... :goofy:

Errrrahhh.....feeling a bit nauseous......head is spinning.....must...fight...urge...to...say...anything...else....must........be.......polite.........

Trace,

Since you are a fellow Floridian, I am sure they will cut you a special deal since we know your fondness for Carbon Fiber :goofy:

Oh, but you misunderstand! :rolleyes: I absolutely LOVE carbon fiber....especially when it comprises the structurally loaded chassis and suspension pieces of a Formula One car or the extremely lightweight fenders and hood of a new Z-06 which are then carefully painted to hide that fugly silvery charcoal gray stuff that they're made of; or for a cycle, a lightweight hugger attached to the swingarm, since we don't want to add mass to that item and increase unsprung weight. And then there's carbon fiber brakes for the megadollar vehicles of all types. They're lightweight and worky very, very good!! So you see? I love carbon fiber! :wub:

Yaknow, I've always wondered why raw, unpainted fiberglass matting never caught on with the adhesive-phony-stick-on crowd. Oh...I know why! Because raw, unpainted fiberglass matting is fugly, that's why. Me? I prefer the natural look of phony oak woodgrain sticky, and I'm thinking of adding it to my yoke, instrument cluster cover, tank pad and sides of my tank, gas cap, engine side covers, heel guards, and a matching woodgrain tag bracket to tie it all together into a "theme". :goofy:

• Member Contributer
They're lightweight and worky very, very good!! So you see? I love carbon fiber! :wub:

me likey too....

HPIM2816.jpg

or to stay on topic

HPIM2768-1.jpg

I will resist fitting "carbonfibre look" Goodridge brake line.....

We will need a group buy thing........

agreed... lack of breath, gag-reflex starting. must bite tongue...

whatever if you like it go crazy, some poor industrial designer from honda looks at stuff like this and starts sharpening the katana to insert into his abdomen. to me it's like having a beautiful painting, then signing your name in the bottom 1/3 of the painting in black felt marker or the equivalent...

61395_01.jpg

• Member Contributer
some poor industrial designer from honda looks at stuff like this and starts sharpening the katana to insert into his abdomen.

:wub: he'd use his Tanto, not his katana..

(Unlike Tonto, this is not a sidekick who will save your life....)

Some poor industrial designer from honda looks at stuff like this and starts sharpening the katana to insert into his abdomen.

Hahahahaaaa!! That's GREAT!!! Hari-kari due to phony carbon fiber overload!

some poor industrial designer from honda looks at stuff like this and starts sharpening the katana to insert into his abdomen.

:wub: he'd use his Tanto, not his katana..

(Unlike Tonto, this is not a sidekick who will save your life....)

ha ha. i was being facetious, if someone wants to attach whatever to their bikes, be my guest - beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. just not my cup o' tea.

i'll leave wakazashi, tanto and seppuku out of further comments :pissed:

Some poor industrial designer from honda looks at stuff like this and starts sharpening the katana to insert into his abdomen.

Hahahahaaaa!! That's GREAT!!! Hari-kari due to phony carbon fiber overload!

Better dramatic irony if the katana was phony carbon fibre as well...

Guest 767fixer
Oh, but you misunderstand! :pissed: I absolutely LOVE carbon fiber....especially when it comprises the structurally loaded chassis and suspension pieces of a Formula One car or the extremely lightweight fenders and hood of a new Z-06 which are then carefully painted to hide that fugly silvery charcoal gray stuff that they're made of;

true point. whole wing sections and empennage sections of commercial aircraft are carbon fiber....and burried under several coats of paint.

as far as the VFR. some carbon fiber items for bikes are interesting. but why the carbon fiber on top of the tank?

I like the look of carbon fiber, but I prefer it be functional. I've always believed form should follow function. I hate the fake intakes on car hoods and fenders. (Gotta be a NACA duct comment coming soon, I just know it.)

I love the naked carbon fiber fork on my Specialized Allez road bike, but I don't think I'd add stick-ons to any motorcycle, other than a tank protector of course. But even most of those are fake, just showing the CF look and not actually made of it.

Archived