Lindemann Vs. Race Tech

Guest FifeDog

Guest FifeDog

Lindemann vs. Race Tech for 6th Gen Stock Suspension:

I would love to hear pro & cons for both.

I am interested in at least a rebuild of front & rear if not an upgrade to rider weight specific springs/oil.

Any thoughts?

• Member Contributer

I like RaceTech for the simple reason that I can install the parts myself. Place like Lindemann want you to send your shock to them for upgrading. You provide information and they set it up. If you don't like it then you must take it off and send it back in for an adjustment. Lindemann might be a little better in the performance category, but unless you are a pro racer I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference.

Here's My take as I have experience from both of them Race tech is ok, but I've found that your just a number there, well thats how I felt, hope you don't have any questions takes like 8 trys out of 10 to get through it won't be answered, the girlie that passes on the info, either one, doesn't get it to the right person for a call back or they're way to busy? either way not so good in the way of customer service, but the product is ok. Lindemann He's a cool dude, shiet he even answers the phone, He'll also tell you like it is which by the way is what you want ,not like Race tech if its beyond what's in the book, they don't know, Jim lindemann, He tell ya right then and there and as far as products go, Jim lindemann will go the distance for you, I know He did for me.. so IMO go to Lindemann first, Race tech second. FWIW I have Race Tech self installed goodies in the front which happens to be F3 converted. LE Engineering was the Dealer and support for getting my WP rear shock to me and setting it up.

Brian,

I had a very good experience with Phil Douglas at Aftershocks. He revalved/reworked the springs in my front forks and I was very happy with the results. His fork service is reasonable, but he charges retail for aftermarket shocks. After my experience with Lindeman, I would have paid the extra $100 and gone with Phil on both.

I did not have good results from Jim Lindeman. I ordered a WP from him that he lost, tried to blame on UPS, wouldn't return my phone calls, and only after getting nasty with him did he finally resolve the problem. When the shock finally came in, I asked him to send it out 2-day and absorb the extra cost as an accommodation. He said he would do that and then turned around and charged me for the postage, including a note that he had already discounted the shock. It was a pretty chicken sh*t thing to do, but I decided not to press it any further as I finally had my shock. I would guess it took about 8-9 months from the time I put down the deposit to when I finally received a substitute Penske two-way from them. The shock was fine, but his customer service/problem resolution process sucked. Lots of people have gotten good service from Lindeman and their prices are very good, but I would not recommend them.

Regardless of what direction you go, I would suggest you do both front/rear at the same time. I did my forks first and made my rear shock feel like a pogo stick. :joystick:

will let you know. so far so good. they picked my shock rate, told me why. told me how to cut the space, told me oil height.

i ordered race tech springs plus oil from them 2 days ago. as long as it gets here this week, they will be 10 out of 10 to me.

Archived