If You're Interested In Rebuilding The Stock Shock

Misspent Youth

Don't forget Jim Lindemann. Aftershocks won't rebuild some stock Honda shocks (early VFR, for example), but Lindemann will. His response to my query:

"Stock shock is about $425. our rebuild is about $175-$200. $50 less the second time. our rebuild/revalve/respring is about $375-$400, which is better then stock. We are the only shop to have had stock based shocks win AMA PRO RoadRace NATIONALS.

Thx jim"

I should add that I sent the query on Friday afternoon and got a personal response from Jim on Monday. Have heard only good things about the outfit. For those in need of refreshed suspension but who don't need (or do want to afford) the zoot shocks, this is the way to go.

does he have an exchange program, if not what might the turnaround be for a rebuild of your shock.

Sorry, I have no other info. I just made a inquiry re: a shock rebuild and haven't used them before, though I've heard of them for years, always positively. I suspect they would not have a spare to lend, but it couldn't hurt to ask. email is

leracing@mindspring.com

• Member Contributer

Wow, so the $150 that I've charged people for this was way too low then. Nice to know! A rebuild is not a very big deal really. The only tough part is welding on a schrader valve so that it can be recharged. Other than that it's an hour job... tops.

What about the 6th gen shock. The manual says it is not serviceable.

Technically, the dealership can't service it, but with the correct machining tool from people that specialize in it, could rebuild the shock ( service it ). But generally its not a servicable item, ' theoretically '

Archived