Need New Jacket

cruzinaz

• Member Contributer

OK, So I walked into the Honda dealer,to get some led lights for the fat tire kit I'm doin on my 1800 vtx, then I saw it, the red white blue 800,,,,

5 days of telling myself,,,, NO!!!! you dont need the 3rd bike!,,,,,,

well,

I LOVE IT!! BUT,,, does anyone make a jacket that matches the retro look of my new bike????

searched the net for 2 days, cant find anything other than a cheezie lookin stars and stripes jacket,and I dont plan on making any Evel Knievel jumps,, sooooo, that isnt gonna work for me.

Thanx, Im sure I'll have alot more questions, only had this bike a week

• Member Contributer
OK, So I walked into the Honda dealer,to get some led lights for the fat tire kit I'm doin on my 1800 vtx, then I saw it, the red white blue 800,,,,

well,

I LOVE IT!! BUT,,, does anyone make a jacket that matches the retro look of my new bike????

searched the net for 2 days, cant find anything other than a cheezie lookin stars and stripes jacket,and I dont plan on making any Evel Knievel jumps,, sooooo, that isnt gonna work for me.

If there isn't a jacket out there yet, I bet there will be soon. With as many folks as there are just on this list talking about their new Captain America bikes, it won't be long before there is a matching jacket.

• Member Contributer

I've been looking too.. So far nothing. Everything is either too Blue or too Red. Hard to find a match for the PEARL "Freddy" Blue.. But I think thats going to be the best bet. If I find anything I'll post up.

Kevin

• Member Contributer

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much out there to match RWB paint schemes these days. I finally settled on the Joe Rocket Honda jacket and bought it from New Enough:

http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_honda_...jacket_page.htm

I'd like to have blue instead of the black areas but it goes well with my older Interceptors and my new '07 RWB bike. (Which I STILL haven't gotten to ride two weeks after buying it because of all this %$&%^ snow. :warranty: ). I can take some pics of the jacket with the bike if you want to see how it looks.

Dirk

• Member Contributer

well,

If there isn't a jacket out there yet, I bet there will be soon. With as many folks as there are just on this list talking about their new Captain America bikes, it won't be long before there is a matching jacket.

HAHAHA, LMAO!! thats me, Capt. America!!!

And I thought I was the FIRST!!

• Member Contributer

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much out there to match RWB paint schemes these days. I finally settled on the Joe Rocket Honda jacket and bought it from New Enough:

I'd like to have blue instead of the black areas but it goes well with my older Interceptors and my new '07 RWB bike. (Which I STILL haven't gotten to ride two weeks after buying it because of all this %$&%^ snow. :warranty: ). I can take some pics of the jacket with the bike if you want to see how it looks.

Dirk

OHHH MAN, YER gonna HATE ME, just got back from a quick 130 mile ride, saw some snow???? on the mountains, was 48 degrees at the top of the pass, but the twisties were soooo fun, gonna be 65 tomorrow,74 tuesday, think I'm gonna have some eye site problems tuesday,,you know, cant see coming into work!

You have the jacket that I keep looking at,,,just trying to be patient, waiting,,,, for the r,w,blue jacket,,,like I did before I bought this bike, think I still have a few hours left before I settle for the red white black

Come on to Az!! we'll go cruzin,,,,az, lotta good roads around here!!

• Member Contributer

This Arai helmet would go perfect with the RWB Interceptor. Okay, so it's Collin Edwards' helmet, but man is it sharp in person. I picked one up a few months ago and am very happy with it.

The closest jacket I've seen that will "match" the RWB is the Joe Rocket Repsol jacket. Not the same exact colors, but, hey, it's still 3 colors.

+1 on the Vanson. They look good...period.

• Member Contributer
OHHH MAN, YER gonna HATE ME, just got back from a quick 130 mile ride, saw some snow???? on the mountains, was 48 degrees at the top of the pass, but the twisties were soooo fun, gonna be 65 tomorrow,74 tuesday, think I'm gonna have some eye site problems tuesday,,you know, cant see coming into work!

Ah, yes, industrial blindness. :warranty:

Looks like we'll be in the fifties mid-week so I'll probably get my fix. Won't be able to get into the mountains but I'd probably be happy with a parking lot at this point. :P

Dirk

• Member Contributer
This Arai helmet would go perfect with the RWB Interceptor. Okay, so it's Collin Edwards' helmet, but man is it sharp in person. I picked one up a few months ago and am very happy with it.

I'm partial to the Spencer replicas:

http://www.fastfreddie.com/merchandise/ima...largeHelmet.jpg

but I prefer the one he wore in '85 with the blue on top (Rothmans colors). They're not easy to find but I found a guy in Japan on eBay who can get them- suzukar-store is the name. Loosk like he doesn't have anything listed at the moment but it could be that he's on vacation. Helmets, like jackets, are a sore point with me these days. Most of them look like they are the result of an accident in a paint factory or are solid colors. Very few strike a nice multi-color balance, IMHO. That Edwards helmet looks nice but I'd prefer it without the 5. The Schwantz replica used to look nice but it's a little too busy for my taste these days.

Dirk

The closest jacket I've seen that will "match" the RWB is the Joe Rocket Repsol jacket. Not the same exact colors, but, hey, it's still 3 colors.

+1 on the Vanson. They look good...period.

This is the Edwards Arai to have with a RWB bike, the Cap'n America special. :thumbsup:

RX7_CORSAIR_EDWARDS_STAR.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'm partial to the Spencer replicas:

http://www.fastfreddie.com/merchandise/ima...largeHelmet.jpg

but I prefer the one he wore in '85 with the blue on top (Rothmans colors). They're not easy to find but I found a guy in Japan on eBay who can get them- suzukar-store is the name. Loosk like he doesn't have anything listed at the moment but it could be that he's on vacation. Helmets, like jackets, are a sore point with me these days. Most of them look like they are the result of an accident in a paint factory or are solid colors. Very few strike a nice multi-color balance, IMHO. That Edwards helmet looks nice but I'd prefer it without the 5. The Schwantz replica used to look nice but it's a little too busy for my taste these days.

Dirk

WOW, the reason I bought this bike was a bud had an 84 1000,and had that helmet,,,, the helmet he had was a signed,,,in gold ,,,Freddie Spencer Arai, when I asked him about the helmet,he said,,,its yours, snell 80, great helmet,,,but,,,,after being in storage for 20 years,, well I like my Icon alot,,,,

oh crap,now everyone knows I'm not 25,,

I couldnt agree more with you about colors,and the lack of availability when it comes to finding jackets/helmets that look good/clean,and matching bikes like they should.

If I have to I will paint an Icon helmet to match the bike, looks like the jacket will be a challenge,but what the hell, I'll wait, gotta look good!

I'm not into the flashy leather gear....I just like something that stands out like my yellow and silver Teknic Chicane and offers protection. I would buy from NE and this jacket looks sweet to me (the white verision) and you can get a VFR patch and have it sewed on

• Member Contributer
I'm not into the flashy leather gear....I just like something that stands out like my yellow and silver Teknic Chicane and offers protection. I would buy from NE and this jacket looks sweet to me (the white verision) and you can get a VFR patch and have it sewed on

If they would do that one in RWB, it would be a great jacket. I don't really care for all the patches on the one I have, but I dislike them less than having a lot of black/grey in the jacket. I like to maximize visibility for the cagers. Maybe JR will come out with a nice clean-looking jacket that works with the '07 RWB.

Dirk

• Member Contributer

The Joe Rocket Super Ego blue is pretty close.

blue_front.jpg

If you are ok with 2 of the three colors, anyway.

• Member Contributer

Ok, I took some pics of the '07 RWB, the JR Honda jacket and the Arai. From the front-left:

vfr_front_gear.jpg

and from the right:

vfr_side_gear.jpg

And I figured I'd take one with the VF1000R while I was at it:

vf1000r_side_gear.jpg

And no, I'm not planning on giving up my day job for a career in modeling. :rolleyes:

Dirk

Ok, I took some pics of the '07 RWB, the JR Honda jacket and the Arai. From the front-left:

vfr_front_gear.jpg

Dirk

Cool, now how about some matching pants and boots to complete the ensemble? :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

well,

HAHAHA, LMAO!! thats me, Capt. America!!!

And I thought I was the FIRST!!

I don't think so. I think that Captain America was a comic book character a long time ago.

I have several Captain America bicycles. I would bet that at least one of them is older than some of the people on this list.

• Member Contributer
Cool, now how about some matching pants and boots to complete the ensemble? :rolleyes:

As desperate for a ride as I am, if I got fully decked out I might be tempted to try to make it past the 1/4 mile of ice out to the main roads (which are dry). :blink:

Maybe by Wednesday I'll be able to escape...

Dirk

FWIW: I bought a JR 990 size 46 and I also own two Teknic Jackets 46 and 48. The JR was very small more like a 44 at best. I would suggest trying the JR on before buying it. Just my extra 2 1/2 cents :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

well,

I just discovered a site that has what your looking for---I can't work the linky yet but the name I googled was motobahn usa

Prices seem really good.

• 5 years later...

Not sure if anyone has thrown this out there yet, but I wear a Teknic Impulse jacket, red, white and blue, matches my '86 VFR perfectly, It was discontinued in 2011 but can still be found, picked mine up at the end of the year from Royal Distributing, paid $80 bucks Canadian, there's a few locations in Ontario, Canada if it helps.

• Member Contributer

well,

Vanson or Bates might have something. Custom isn't as expensive as you'd think.

Archived