My New Adjustable Pegs !

teleskier

• Member Contributer

Since its taking so long for the BLS version of pegs I thought I would give these a try since they are also adjustable in a multitude of positons from up, down, forward, rear and in between. They are from Thurn in Germany. What do you think?

med_gallery_4651_468_111647.jpg

med_gallery_4651_468_29617.jpg

med_gallery_4651_468_63419.jpg

got it !!!

• Member Contributer

I like the concept of the pegs, but the style is rather...German. Guess I have spent too many years on BMW's :P Now the carbon fiber on the heal guard, not so sure about that :beer:

• Member Contributer

yeah I was just playing with the CF. I don't like it either but I have been too lazy to take it off. Maybe this weekend.

• Member Contributer

I found them on ebay but they are on his website also which I don't have the URL for any longer. With shipping (Airmail, 3 days) was $150.

Yes they are just like a poormans rearset.

• Member Contributer
I found them on ebay but they are on his website also which I don't have the URL for any longer. With shipping (Airmail, 3 days) was $150.

Yes they are just like a poormans rearset.

Great find! I didn't see them on their site. (I wonder if they'll work on a 4th gen)

RC46 (5th gen) "footrests" page: http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/fahrwerk-rc46_1.html

RC36 (4th gen) "footrests" page: http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/fahrwerk-rc36.html

Can you identify them on this page? I couldnt.

Thanks!

• Member Contributer
Great find! I didn't see them on their site. (I wonder if they'll work on a 4th gen)

RC46 (5th gen) "footrests" page: http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/fahrwerk-rc46_1.html

RC36 (4th gen) "footrests" page: http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/fahrwerk-rc36.html

Can you identify them on this page? I couldnt.

Thanks!

Well no I can't find them from the links you gave me. Here is a link to EBAY item. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-VFR80...005149196QQrdZ1

Do those pegs seem to move your foot outward such that you find yourself toeing in to shift or brake?

I have not noticed that.

Since its taking so long for the BLS version of pegs I thought I would give these a try since they are also adjustable in a multitude of positons from up, down, forward, rear and in between. They are from Thurn in Germany. What do you think?

Any interest in selling your stock front pegs???

What is the width between foot peg holder sides? I love those pegs and would like to try them on another application. My application is 3/4 inch between sides and 1/2 inch from the bolt hole to the inner edge. Thanks.

• Member Contributer
Any interest in selling your stock front pegs???

I don't have stock pegs. I had Buell pegs on there.

What is the width between foot peg holder sides? I love those pegs and would like to try them on another application. My application is 3/4 inch between sides and 1/2 inch from the bolt hole to the inner edge. Thanks.

PM sent

PM sent

So how do they compare to the Buell pegs? Which is lower? I'm looking for a little more leg room. The adjustable feature is a plus, but mostly I'm after more comfort on a 600-mile day.

Also teleskier who did you get them from?

Or who has the best price?

Along with part #'s?

Or if they will fit the 94-97's??

I can't find any USA Thurn Dealers.

FYI I'll be having a big sale with stock rear sets,900rr rear sets (that fit on the 94-97's),after market rear sets (from Germany) and many damaged fairing/sub frame parts for 94-97's (red) I have gatherd over the years I thought I would use some day and relized I they take up too much room and I'm picky/lazy and will never fix them or use them the way they look on my near perfect 97. Don't pm me just keep a watch out if intrested. It will happen some rainy day soon and this and some other VFR websites will have first crack ot them before they go to Fleabay.

PM sent

Interested in selling your Buell pegs? If so, how much?

• Member Contributer
So how do they compare to the Buell pegs? Which is lower? I'm looking for a little more leg room. The adjustable feature is a plus, but mostly I'm after more comfort on a 600-mile day.

I find they are about the same as the Buell as far as drop. They just look better in my opinion and I can rotate them back for track days to get more clearance.

Interested in selling your Buell pegs? If so, how much?

Buell pegs are so cheap it would not be worth you buying them even at half price and paying shipping.

Also teleskier who did you get them from?

Or who has the best price?

Along with part #'s?

Or if they will fit the 94-97's??

I can't find any USA Thurn Dealers.

FYI I'll be having a big sale with stock rear sets,900rr rear sets (that fit on the 94-97's),after market rear sets (from Germany) and many damaged fairing/sub frame parts for 94-97's (red) I have gatherd over the years I thought I would use some day and relized I they take up too much room and I'm picky/lazy and will never fix them or use them the way they look on my near perfect 97. Don't pm me just keep a watch out if intrested. It will happen some rainy day soon and this and some other VFR websites will have first crack ot them before they go to Fleabay.

Sorry I missed this on my previous reply. I bought them on Ebay from Thurn. I posted a current Ebay auction number earlier. He has no dealer in the US. He is quick to reply to emails so you can ask him about fit on earlier models.

Nice, thanks for posting this up!

Looks like from the ebay auction they give you almost 1 inch drop....

May have to get a set of these bad boyz myself, sure could use a little bit more room...

Any noticeable change in vibration felt in the feet with these?

• Member Contributer

I can only comment on Buell vs. these as I never rode with stock pegs much as they were too cramped for me. As with any all metal peg there is some vibration but its not bad until you're tached way out.

I can only comment on Buell vs. these as I never rode with stock pegs much as they were too cramped for me. As with any all metal peg there is some vibration but its not bad until you're tached way out.

:offtopic: Good link and it saves money...Thank you. I sent a e-mail to that website asking what they are refering to about "They fit Master Grip and Racing Footrest (but not the Sport Version)"

Sounds to me they need some thing more to get them to fit/work...which will cost more then the Thurns if these are not Thurns which it kinda looks like.

This website kinda says they need these foot rests

http://www.mfw-wolf.de/en/prod_program.php?kat=3

• Member Contributer

Joe, I think you are right. the actual peg on the Thurns is the Master Grip. Damn..she loves it when I say that !!!

• Member Contributer
If your going to get the pegs may want think about the shifter also

99-SH1536 Gearchange Pedal. I have a price from Gerhard @ Thurn for $51USD

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/43c96286z41...hY0FtEBdfHtP9Rh

And a $135 USD for the pegs

Linky no worky. I want an adjustable shift lever too.

Archived