6th Gen Body On 5th Gen?

CornerCarver

• Member Contributer

I really want to put a complete 6th gen body on my 5th gen. Aside from fabbing the different mounting brackets does anyone see any issues? Are the signal indicators the same style to mount on the plastic? Anyone sneak up on ya and bite you in the arse kind of issues that would not be apparent until i laid out $2k for all the panels?

I searched the forum and have not found quite this topic posed yet.

Thanks,

keith.

• Member Contributer

This has been discussed before. Everything is different. Subframe, exhaust, tank, frame, seat, lights, fill in the blank, everything. I'm sure it could be done, but it would be much easier to sell your fifth gen and buy a 6th and be done. Or do the engine swap.

Front fender uses different mounting holes and different between fork spacing, so direct swap is out there.

Subframe is completely different. The 6th uses a backbone style to accommodate the exhaust, and the subframe uses different mounting points on the frame. Which means that the frame and shock mount are different.

All of the lights are different, so you would have to buy all the 6th gen lights and either cram the 5th gen light sockets into them, or cut and splice in the 6th gen sockets.

The seat on the 6th gen will not wrap around the 5th gen tank, so you would have to replace that, and they use different mounting points.

If money's no object you could do the upper and lowers w/o to much problem. Using 6th gen upper stay, headlights, Dash(actually couldn't use the dash different wiring), windshield, etc.,but like Chris said the rear/tail would be a Major pain.

If money's no object you could do the upper and lowers w/o to much problem. Using 6th gen upper stay, headlights, Dash(actually couldn't use the dash different wiring), windshield, etc.,but like Chris said the rear/tail would be a Major pain.

I've actually seen people put F4i(digital) guages on F4's, and F3's(analog), with good results. It's a matter of splicing the right wires +1.gif So this isn't too far-fetched for the dedicated individual, the rear seems like a more daunting task...

I can PM links to the tutorials if requested.

• Member Contributer

will the 5th gen engine bolt into the 6th gen frame? that would give you the best of both worlds.... updated styling and better handling with the gear-driven cams and no vtec smile.gif

will the 5th gen engine bolt into the 6th gen frame? that would give you the best of both worlds.... updated styling and better handling with the gear-driven cams and no vtec smile.gif

It may bolt in, but I'm sure the wiring harnesses are different, and will be a pain in the ass to get routed nicely/neatly/correctly(the way I'd like it). You could probly reuse the sixth gen exhaust, since the head pipes are interchangeable... +1.gif

• Member Contributer

I guess I have to look more closely at the 6th gen and see if I like the tail as weel as the front. I know that the front looks better than mine but I am not committed to the tank/seat/tail section yet.

Thanks for all of the input thus far!

:thumbsup:

Archived