Has Anyone Tried Dyna Beads On The Viffer?

ProMed

• Member Contributer

This product is getting rave reviews on the Dual-Sport Adventure riding boards and doesn't sound like a gimmick. Everyone that has tried it seems to be very satisfied with its performance. They are simply very cheap little round balls you put in your tire to provide a claimed perfect balancing. I have no affiliation with this company.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

dsc00876.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

dsc00881.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

Install filtered valve core

dsc00884.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

• Member Contributer

interesting. wish i had seen this product before. wonder how it would work on low profile tires. i used to have a vehicle which had low profile tires and would always require a balance. wonder if this product could have prevented some of the wasted time and money?? Good looking Paul. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Actually went and checked the tire application chart...doesnt look like they have products for the low profile tire market. But they do it seems for the VFR. Would like to hear some reviews myself.

• Member Contributer

it works like the sunmetal balance master on a harley crank...by flowing to the lite spot ...the sunmetal crank was SSSMMMOOOTH!

i have no idea about the tires...

• Member Contributer

I ordered a some for my dual-sport bike, hopefully it will work as well as it has for others. My order total was less than $20!

• Member Contributer

I ordered them today.

$15 for a 1oz bag of beads, a 2oz bag beads, 2 filtered valve stems and the applicator thingie.

They told me to try 1 oz in each wheel to start with and add more to the rear if I felt it still needed it.

I guess I'll find out if this stuff really works or not.

I'll post again when I try it out.

• Member Contributer

Ok, I got them in the mail (only a three day wait) and put them in this morning.

All I can say is that these things work great!

I've ridden for about two weeks with no weights at all since I painted and polished my wheels.

I had a very noticeable 'droning buzz' at any speed above 75 mph and after I put the Dyna beads in it is completely gone at any speed.

I got on a smooth asphalt highway this morning and rode at steady speeds at 75 then 85 then 95 and at 105. I'm glad there weren't any LEO's around! :P

I used their applicator bottle and put 1oz in the front and 2oz in the rear.

If you don't want to put clip-on or stick-on weights on your wheels these things are the way to go.

They are tiny! I measured one of them with my calipers and they are just a little ceramic ball about .045" diameter.

The best thing is that they balance dynamically, they constantly adjust for tire wear as needed.

Cheap, durable, easy to install and work great!

Get ya some!

Guest Joebroni

Wow, I gotta do some research on these now. I can do all my own mounting at work, but I was concerned about the balance part of things. But with this I wouldnt even have to worry about taking it to a shop!

• 4 months later...
Anyone know where to get the tools to mount/remove tires from rims?

One of the least expensive ways to go is to head on over to a Harbor Freight (or, if you don't mind paying the freight) going online to http://www.harborfreight.com/ and look for item ITEM 34542-8VGA and you'll need ITEM 42927-6VGA motorcycle option and your set. No, the quality is not the same as most commercial equipment but, typically we don't change anywhere near as many tires as a shop would. And it sure is a lot less brutal on the knuckles trying to do it on the floor etc.

One more thing - I found a tubeless truck tire iron many years ago and the damned thing is perfect for use on smaller tires (motorcycles etc.) too. If you can find one.

There are a number of other, mostly more expensive, alternatives out there but it's all what you find the most useful.

MW

Archived