OEM Heated Hand Grip Problem?

Guest MichaelR

Guest MichaelR

I just installed the OEM heated hand grips, and unfortunately they won't come on... at all... period... under any conditions... even if I'm at 10K RPM.

They are simple enough to install, hook up into a relay, plug in the color coded connectors, and voila! Only, they're not seeming to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on troubleshooting the darn things?

TIA!

Michael

I just installed the OEM heated hand grips, and unfortunately they won't come on... at all... period... under any conditions... even if I'm at 10K RPM.?

They are simple enough to install, hook up into a relay, plug in the color coded connectors, and voila! Only, they're not seeming to work.?

Does anyone have any suggestions on troubleshooting the darn things?

TIA!

Michael

Just curious, OEM? I didn't know Honda had them for VFRs, unless they could be UK market heated grips (re-labeled Oxfords?), or are they Gold Wing or ST units?

Show us some shots of the grips when you have a chance.

Beck

95 VFR

It's could be possible the wiring harness for the US spec bikes is different than the European bikes. I know the European have a few extra things we don't have here in the US, like the flash to pass button, or the ability to turn off our headlights with the right handlebar switches.

Guest MichaelR

I'll get some pictures of them soon... I don't know about the european heated grips... these I went down to the dealer and ordered as a honda accessory.

But it's a pair of grips, and a little box that mounts to the left handle bar with a knob that has off, and low -> high.

I suppose I'll go grab the service manual and the multimeter and start testing things smile.gif

• 2 months later...

Did this ever get sorted out?

I noticed that David Silver Spares in the UK has these available.

I'd be interested if they work.

I'll get some pictures of them soon... I don't know about the european heated grips... these I went down to the dealer and ordered as a honda accessory.

But it's a pair of grips, and a little box that mounts to the left handle bar with a knob that has off, and low -> high.

I suppose I'll go grab the service manual and the multimeter and start testing things smile.gif

Archived