The VFR800Fi "Monster"

Guest cbxfixer

Guest cbxfixer

orig.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

Yep - I still like the "Pearl Shining Yellow" - but the seating needs work.

Via Con Dios

John

San Jose, California

• Member Contributer

Have you considered maybe a different rear subframe and maybe the rear end from a 1000RR or RC51?

I'm going to attempt something like that on my 5th gen track bike project so I can have a race tail on the bike. Dont know if it will be easy to do, I may have to custom make a subframe to pull it off.

• Member Contributer

Sweeeeeeeeet.... Makes me wanna sell my plastic on ebay... smile.gif Love those naked ones.... yeah...definitely love them naked ones... :wheel:

Serious question.

Would a VFR run hot without the plastic as very little air would be directed thru the radiators?

I always wondered about that when I'm doing something to the bike and want to take it out for a spin without the plastic.

Serious question.

Would a VFR run hot without the plastic as very little air would be directed thru the radiators?

I always wondered about that when I'm doing something to the bike and want to take it out for a spin without the plastic.

Well, I rode for almost three months without the left panel and never had a problem. This included sitting in lovely Dallas traffic in July...

• Member Contributer
The holes in the side plastic is more for air exit than entry isn't it.... Most bikes are anyway.

Yep, but they all work together. Without the fairings directing the flow in thru the front, and the exit holes pulling it out thru the rads, I'm sure it will have less actual air flow thru the fins on the rads. I rode mine this way for a little while in South Fla, and I recall it running a tad warmer. Not a lot, but noticible.

I went for the true streetfighter look, and tied the headlight to the fairing stay without the upper cowl and screen! :beer:

gallery_913_274_10062.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

Streetfighter2.jpg

gallery_913_274_22461.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

Streetfighter1.jpg

Oh yeah, fenders are for wusses! :P

Actually, I heard the opinion that going fenderless on a front radiator mounted bike will improve cooling, whereas on side rad bikes it is not as good.

Archived