Girlie Gear..

Nicole

Nice airbags!!!  Good grief does she have the perfect figure or WHAT???? 

Gypsy - you mean you aren't asked questions such as...

Is this your bike?

You sure you can handle that?

:lol:

I want to get a sticker than says This is NOT my husband/boyfriend, etc's bike!!!

Well I'm 36 so if I get that jacket maybe I will be thought of as a 'wanna be!'  HA!

Sebspeed I have heard the Icon Kitty stuff mentioned and I haven't heard anything bad!

Now wait a minute - I can't believe I even printed "wanna be" in the thread yesterday! What was I thinking? It never used to bother me what other people thought....and trust me you're not a wanna-be....(sorry). I guess I'm feeling a little self-conscious of my age - which is 47. It never used to bother me but now I'm feeling a little like a nanny/grandmother type - I think it's because it was a very tough winter this year. But, what was I thinking?. Time to chuck that crap - and when the snow melts - get the bike out and ride! Heh - I might even buy that leopard jacket - WTF eh? Garter belts and all!!!!!!!! I do think the Kitty icon is cute though.....and I like the black jacket with flames.....

Oh BTW - that's me on the bike LOL! NOT! I wish...I used to look that good - sort of - without the add-on airbags-....but she does look fabulous!

Yeah - I do get the usual "is that you're bike?" and "are you sure you can handle it?" But, I consider the source and try not to be too too bitchy and usually just walk away. But it does come out once in a while such as last year at a gas station:

Me pumping gas. When done I walk in to pay cash. The attendant is standing there and a Large overweight bearded man in his late 50's - I get a sense of the conversation - the large man in his 50's is belittling the attendant.

The Large overweight bearded man in his late 50's looks me up and down and then out towards my bike: "They let girls ride bikes now? Whats the world coming to?"

Me - I ignore him

Large OWBMinL50's-"is that you're bike? Don't you get scared on that thing little girl?"

Me "yes, it's my bike. And of course I get scared sometimes it's all a part of the ride! You just get back on and ride faster! " (I try to ignore the "little girl" comment - I'm 5'-4" tall he's approximately a foot taller than me.)

Large OWBMinL50's - "Maybe you should let your boyfriend ride and you can sit on the back?"

Me: "No thanks - he's got his own bike" - starting to boil.....

Large OWBMinL50's - "Not much room for a passenger though - are you sure you ride that thing well enough to have someone on the back of your bike?"

Me looking up at the Large OWBMinL50's and straight in the eye: "Yes. But I only allow a man with an ass as wide as the seat on the back of MY bike - and it looks like you missed your turn!" And I look him up and down with attitude like the bitch I am.

The entire gas station roared with laughter!!!! I felt bad a minute or so later and apologized to the attendant who informed me "don't worry. That guy is a huge A-hole. It' about time he got whats coming to him".

Now every time I fill up my tank - I'm treated with a large chuckle and smile from the attendant. :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Now wait a minute - I can't believe I even printed "wanna be" in the thread yesterday!  What was I thinking?  It never used to bother me what other people thought....and trust me you're not a wanna-be....(sorry).  I guess I'm feeling a little self-conscious of my age - which is 47.  It never used to bother me but now I'm feeling a little like a nanny/grandmother type - I think it's because it was a very tough winter this year.  But, what was I thinking?.  Time to chuck that crap - and when the snow melts - get the bike out and ride!  Heh - I might even buy that leopard jacket - WTF eh? Garter belts and all!!!!!!!!  I do think the Kitty icon is cute though.....and I like the black jacket with flames.....

Oh BTW - that's me on the bike LOL!  NOT!  I wish...I used to look that good - sort of - without the add-on airbags-....but she does look fabulous!

Yeah - I do get the usual "is that you're bike?" and "are you sure you can handle it?"  But, I consider the source and try not to be too too bitchy and usually just walk away.  But it does come out once in a while such as last year at a gas station:

Me pumping gas.  When done I walk in to pay cash.  The attendant is standing there and a Large overweight bearded man in his late 50's - I get a sense of the conversation - the large man in his 50's is belittling the attendant.

The Large overweight bearded man in his late 50's looks me up and down and then out towards my bike:  "They let girls ride bikes now?  Whats the world coming to?"

Me - I ignore him

Large OWBMinL50's-"is that you're bike?  Don't you get scared on that thing little girl?"

Me "yes, it's my bike.  And of course I get scared sometimes it's all a part of the ride! You just get back on and ride faster! " (I try to ignore the "little girl" comment - I'm 5'-4" tall he's approximately a foot taller than me.)

Large OWBMinL50's - "Maybe you should let your boyfriend ride and you can sit on the back?"

Large OWBMinL50's - "Not much room for a passenger though - are you sure you ride that thing well enough to have someone on the back of your bike?"

Me looking up at the Large OWBMinL50's and straight in the eye: "Yes.  But I only allow a man with an ass as wide as the seat on the back of MY bike - and it looks like you missed your turn!"  And I look him up and down with attitude like the bitch I am.

The entire gas station roared with laughter!!!!  I felt bad a minute or so later and apologized to the attendant who informed me "don't worry.  That guy is a huge A-hole.  It' about time he got whats coming to him".

Now every time I fill up my tank - I'm treated with a large chuckle and smile from the attendant. :D

That is a great story!!!!

• Member Contributer

Gypsy!!!! LMAO~!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Love that story - I was getting mad reading it!!

Oh don't worry I didn't think you were throwing 'wanna be' my direction! smile.gif

• Member Contributer

Ladies.... Let me tell ya... unlike bikes... women are better without the mods. If you know what I mean. And women who break stereotypes... well they're just the best! Way to go.

• Member Contributer
Ladies.... Let me tell ya... unlike bikes... women are better without the mods.  If you know what I mean.  And women who break stereotypes... well they're just the best!  Way to go.

:beer: AMEN, and the ones around here ride VFR's, so that is like an additional +10.

Gypsy!!!!? LMAO~!!!!!!!!!!!!!?  :D

Love that story - I was getting mad reading it!!?

Oh don't worry I didn't think you were throwing 'wanna be' my direction!? smile.gif

Good - I wasn't suggesting it was you --- I just wanted to clear all bases. Therefore - get the jacket you want! I'm thinking....leopard....no red flames....for myself - LOL! :P

Wolf - I find it hard to get a jacket that fits me as well. I've got wide shoulders/back/chest and smaller waist and a short back length. Long legs too - so in a one piece if the shoulders fit - nothing else does - the legs/crotch length are too long. In a jacket - I'm only 5'-4" tall - so if they fit the shoulders/back/chest - the waist is too big and down by my hips! I've got more jackets than I care to admit because of this - and I'm constantly pulling down the "waist" over my hips/butt so it doesn't bunch up in the back. And the armored jackets will ride up and push my helmet forward while I'm on the bike....

Hopefully they are making more motorcycle gear for women with sizes that can accomodate someone like myself. I found the European styles to fit better. They're made for more athletic builds. I did try on Icon (kitty style - couldn't resist!) and several other brands when I was down south this winter - and they fit OK - but not perfect. The armored textile was more forgiving....but it's not leather. I might have to stick with my leather Lookwell 2 piece - or buy a custom fit jacket and pants in the near future.

What brands of women's gear has your wife tried on? Maybe she should go with the textile/armored variety bike gear. I found those to be a little more accommodating. Leather just doesn't have the "give" needed if it doesn't fit just right.

Gypsy and MILF,

You ladies are great. Its nice to have more of a feminine point of view on here, brings some welcome diversity. I've had a huge smile on my face reading the back and fourth between you too; and I mean it in the nicest way possible but I have to say its the cutest thing I've ever read on VFRd. wink.gif

Superchode, I want your CB750 w/sidecar  :thumbsup:

BOT

Were do you buy this stuff?

no can do... that's the wife's... i'm really just pit crew on that one. needs just a smidge more maintainence than the VFR.

• Member Contributer

I loved that story. You go girl! :thumbsup:

Me pumping gas.  When done I walk in to pay cash.  The attendant is standing there and a Large overweight bearded man in his late 50's - I get a sense of the conversation - the large man in his 50's is belittling the attendant.

The Large overweight bearded man in his late 50's looks me up and down and then out towards my bike:  "They let girls ride bikes now?  Whats the world coming to?"

Me - I ignore him

Large OWBMinL50's-"is that you're bike?  Don't you get scared on that thing little girl?"

Me "yes, it's my bike.  And of course I get scared sometimes it's all a part of the ride! You just get back on and ride faster! " (I try to ignore the "little girl" comment - I'm 5'-4" tall he's approximately a foot taller than me.)

Me looking up at the Large OWBMinL50's and straight in the eye: "Yes.  But I only allow a man with an ass as wide as the seat on the back of MY bike - and it looks like you missed your turn!"  And I look him up and down with attitude like the bitch I am.

• Member Contributer
Gypsy and MILF,

You ladies are great.  Its nice to have more of a feminine point of view on here, brings some welcome diversity.  I've had a huge smile on my face reading the back and fourth between you too; and I mean it in the nicest way possible but I have to say its the cutest thing I've ever read on VFRd. wink.gif

Surely there are more than 2 women on here?

Guest 767fixer
Ladies.... Let me tell ya... unlike bikes... women are better without the mods.  If you know what I mean.  And women who break stereotypes... well they're just the best!  Way to go.

huh?? i like aftermarket equipment! my seat is not stock, the wind screen is not stock, the exhaust is not stock. that being said....i wish my wife got a boob job.

but you are right though. a woman on a bike gets a +10 hot factor

• Member Contributer
What brands of women's gear has your wife tried on?? Maybe she should go with the textile/armored variety bike gear.? I found those to be a little more accommodating.? Leather just doesn't have the "give" needed if it doesn't fit just right.

My wife is 5'4'' also. She is slender, but has a curvacious build. It's been alot of trouble finding gear that will fit her well.

If you know of anything that works better than something else I'd love to know about it. Right now she has a kids helmet and an XXS Fieldshier Textile/leather jacket. The jacket fits, but not well.

It might require a trip to a seamstres that can modify leather. That would probably be cheaper than buying things that don't fit.

• Member Contributer
that being said....i wish my wife got a boob job.

but you are right though.  a woman on a bike gets a +10 hot factor

You can just tell they are fake though, kinda like eating a grape and it being one of the plastic ones for decor, not very tasty. No fake grapes or mellons for me. :D

• Member Contributer

Gypsy, I couldn't tell you what she tried on, selection is not that large around here. Plus I tend to avoid clothes shopping with her. :D

She did find a textile one she liked and fit well. But I don't know the brand. I did look at it and the armor is adequate.

As tall and skinny as I am, I don't find much off the shelf to fit either. But I'm wearing all textile. Hope to have a set of two peice leathers this summer though, depending on fundage.

My wife is 5'4'' also.? She is slender, but has a curvacious build.? It's been alot of trouble finding gear that will fit her well.

If you know of anything that works better than something else I'd love to know about it.? Right now she has a kids helmet and an XXS Fieldshier Textile/leather jacket.? The jacket fits, but not well.

It might require a trip to a seamstres that can modify leather.? That would probably be cheaper than buying things that don't fit.

Heh - my boyfriend has a cruiser and I'm on an Interceptor - too cool!

Knowing that - I think your wife might find cruiser wear more accomodating. I used to wear Harley gear when my ex had a Harley and I was on the back (yes - i went from riding the bike to being pillion...never again...lol!). The nice thing about cruiser gear is that it is generous up top and you can tighten the belt to get a better fit at the waist. The down side is you can't wear cruiser gear on a sportbike - if you're the rider. I've got scratches on my gas tank to prove that. sad.gif

Sportbike gear - generally is made for one body type and size. If you can fit into it - great! If not - you're like me - trying to zip up the zipper all the way to the top and not being able to move my shoulders. But, I'll attach something I found on the web which may help you in your search for the best fitting motorcycle gear for your wife. I'm no where near a large city centre - I fly south to get to one - so shopping for motorcycle wear is very limited for me right now. Sorry I can't be of more help to you. But here's the attachment and let me know how it goes!

www.webbikeworld.com/women-motorcycle-clothing/

MILF - there are more than 2 women on this site...but where they all went - I don't know.... LOL!

• Member Contributer

We bought my ball & chain....oops :beer: I mean wife a Fieldsheer textile that fits pretty well but I have to help her get it zipped up past her chest. She's.....uh.....well, let's just say she's rubenesque. We never could find any women's pants to fit and we wound up getting an xs pair of men's. I've been looking at Vanson's women's line for her. They are pricey but the quality is top notch and they will do custom sizing.

http://www.vansonleathers.com/main_page/ch...mens/womens.htm

And yes, it is nice to have a women's perspective on the forum. Welcome ladies.

Yes, but not many more...  :beer: I think there are like 5 women total on here.

Good to know. I was almost ready to suggest a "Women's forum" on VFRD. But with only 5 ladies - would it be worth it? I'm sure that men have questions concerning bike issues from a woman's perspective because of their wives or girlfriends. What do you think? Do we need something like that? Or is everyone happy just the way it is?

• Member Contributer
isnt this standard woman riding gear?

girl_bike.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

Sorry fixer, I think you're wrong here. This is not a standard woman. This is one of those special edition women. Standard is what I work with. smile.gif

• Member Contributer
Heh - my boyfriend has a cruiser and I'm on an Interceptor - too cool!

Sportbike gear - generally is made for one body type and size.  If you can fit into it - great!  If not - you're like me - trying to zip up the zipper all the way to the top and not being able to move my shoulders.  But, I'll attach something I found on the web which may help you in your search for the best fitting motorcycle gear for your wife.  I'm no where near a large city centre - I fly south to get to one - so shopping for motorcycle wear is very limited for me right now.  Sorry I can't be of more help to you.  But here's the attachment and let me know how it goes!

www.webbikeworld.com/women-motorcycle-clothing/

Thanks! I'll check out that site later.

We bought my ball & chain....oops  :goofy: I mean wife a Fieldsheer textile that fits pretty well but I have to help her get it zipped up past her chest.  She's.....uh.....well, let's just say she's rubenesque.  We never could find any women's pants to fit and we wound up getting an xs pair of men's.  I've been looking at Vanson's women's line for her.  They are pricey but the quality is top notch and they will do custom sizing.

http://www.vansonleathers.com/main_page/ch...mens/womens.htm

And yes, it is nice to have a women's perspective on the forum.  Welcome ladies.

My boyfriend doesn't like to shop with me either .... even though I use my own cash/credit card. LOL!

Vanson's are good. I'll be looking into them for next year.

Archived