Want to swap white for red?

SEBSPEED

I realize I'm gonna catch some flak from the faster guys, but I really like the way the VTEC bike looks in white, so I'm lookking for someone willing to swap plastics with me. I just purchased my ride as a left over, and it has 19 miles on it, so it's still in showroom shape, aside from the stainless steel screen I installed in the fender holes.

Interceptor055.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

Interceptor011.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

• Member Contributer

What? The paint guru, is talking swap? LOL. Paint it, dude, then you won't have that ugly-a$$ed red wing on the tank, ruining the bike.

What? The paint guru, is talking swap? LOL. Paint it, dude, then you won't have that ugly-a$$ed red wing on the tank, ruining the bike.

So much less work to swap though! Painting is great when other people pay you to do it... although I'd like to try a silver/blue pearl mixture one of these days, and I bet it would look nice on white. Maybe a hint of red, too, like in a 10g.sil/9g.blu/6g.red combo in about 400g of stretcher... :blink:

Red is all over the place. You will certaintly have to pony up some cash to get a white plastic trade. Oh, the 06 plastic is a little different also, but probably still bolts up. smile.gif

I am in a position right now where i have to repair a fairing and the nose cowl, and I am thinking that my bike would look evil in a super high gloss black.

Maybe I just need to quit drinking so much beer. Red is cool, what was I thinking!

I realize I'm gonna catch some flak from the faster guys, but I really like the way the VTEC bike looks in white, so I'm lookking for someone willing to swap plastics with me. I just purchased my ride as a left over, and it has 19 miles on it, so it's still in showroom shape, aside from the stainless steel screen I installed in the fender holes.

No, i think we understand......

Red is just too fast for ya.

(sorry, i couldnt resist)

Flailer

aka "Way2Slow"

• Member Contributer
So much less work to swap though! Painting is great when other people pay you to do it... although I'd like to try a silver/blue pearl....

NO DOUBT. LOL.

Like'n where your going. Just a suggestion,....Iff'n 'ya got the extra $$$$, buy you a repairable set. Re-paint, then put 'em on. That way you're not out any ride time. Wondering what it would look like with the blue,... :blink: Or even, along the same scheme as the old school viffers. Pearl white base, as you roll down, one can make out blue fleck, blending to red, at the bottom. HHhmmmm. B)

So much less work to swap though! Painting is great when other people pay you to do it... although I'd like to try a silver/blue pearl mixture one of these days, and I bet it would look nice on white. Maybe a hint of red, too, like in a 10g.sil/9g.blu/6g.red combo in about 400g of stretcher... :blink:

Cadillac has some nice white pearl colours with either a gold or blue metallic hue to the clearcoat.

Check out your local bodyshop for some Caddy paint chips and see if you like it.

Maybe buy some lightly rashed plastics (not cracked or busted) and have them repaired and painted Metallic Caddy White W/either gold or blue pearl then sell your virgin red plastics on EBAY.

Cadillac has some nice white pearl colours with either a gold or blue metallic hue to the clearcoat.

Check out your local bodyshop for some Caddy paint chips and see if you like it.

Maybe buy some lightly rashed plastics (not cracked or busted) and have them repaired and painted Metallic Caddy White W/either gold or blue pearl then sell your virgin red plastics on EBAY.

I used to moonlight at a few local bodyshops back when my son was first born, and picked up enough experience to become my own local bodyshop wink.gif

The caddy colors are nice, but they're a little over the top for my taste, just as is the heavy white pearl found on the original '83-84 Interceptors. I'd be shooting for a gloss white base, with a hint(.5-1 coat) of some pearls I throw together, and then just bury it in some good clear. It shouldn't be noticeable until you look close, or have the tank between your legs on a nice sunny day. In the time it will take me to R+R the spare panels(that I would need to locate first), I could do the same for a locals' bike, and be $5-800 ahead of the game. I don't mind the red at all(I do like to be fast :P ), but if someone who has white would be happier with it than me, then GREAT!!

• Member Contributer

LOL. I was going to say, GO TO WORK. LOL.

I used to moonlight at a few local bodyshops back when my son was first born, and picked up enough experience to become my own local bodyshop wink.gif

The caddy colors are nice, but they're a little over the top for my taste, just as is the heavy white pearl found on the original '83-84 Interceptors. I'd be shooting for a gloss white base, with a hint(.5-1 coat) of some pearls I throw together, and then just bury it in some good clear. It shouldn't be noticeable until you look close, or have the tank between your legs on a nice sunny day. In the time it will take me to R+R the spare panels(that I would need to locate first), I could do the same for a locals' bike, and be $5-800 ahead of the game. I don't mind the red at all(I do like to be fast :P ), but if someone who has white would be happier with it than me, then GREAT!!

Got 'ya. But What about that damn red emblum. EEwww. Perhaps with some red graphics. Almost the negative of the crap I got going on. Black and silver grahics become red, to play off the tank.

Now the seed is planted,....

Archived