1998 - 2001 Front Wheel Compatibility

JimMoore

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a front wheel for my 98. From the fiche it looks like anything from 1998-2001 will work (p/n 44650-MBG-010), but I figured I better check with the experts before I buy. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Moore

• Member Contributer

I've swapped wheels between my 01 and 09 with no issues. The big difference is the axle spacers. They are different sizes between the different generations. Most likely due to the different fork diameter and triple tree fork spacing. I which I had a front wheel to offer you, but right now I have an "overage" of rear wheels, which can be swapped too.

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

Just for clarification..... I did know that the 6th wheel is the same as a 5th, but to use the 6th in the 5th, use the 5th spacers?

Thanks all 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, mello dude said:

Just for clarification..... I did know that the 6th wheel is the same as a 5th, but to use the 6th in the 5th, use the 5th spacers?

Thanks all 

Correct,you use the spacers of the bike your putting the wheel on. So, on a 5 Gen with 6 Gen wheel, you use the 5 Gen spacers. The same applies to a 6 Gen with a 5 Gen wheel, use the 6 Gen spacers. BTW, the axles are different too, so make sure the axle is for the respective bike.

• Like 1