Burping

gig

• Member Contributer

Any tricks for burping a 5th gen. Its acting like I've got an air pocket, when its starts to get hot it go's quick then stabilizes when fan kicks on, and making never before significant gurgling when turned. i ridden multiple times thinking it would find its way up and throttle while on the side stand.   

• Member Contributer

I have always just done the standard way which I'm sure you know already.

I do the burp on an incline, front wheel higher up, side stand, cap off and rev rev rev. Rag to hand to catch the coolant splashes. Never had to squeeze hoses and the like that others mention.

• Member Contributer

Got it. On the side stand I let get to 200 with an aggressive throttle and a towel over the radiator. 

Thx 

• Member Contributer

Different method same result; have a friend to help, coolant cap off, engine off, lean the bike as far as both of you are able to the left with sidestand up. 

15 hours ago, Bren said:

I have always just done the standard way which I'm sure you know already.

I do the burp on an incline, front wheel higher up, side stand, cap off and rev rev rev. Rag to hand to catch the coolant splashes. Never had to squeeze hoses and the like that others mention.

Same here, never had to mess around with hoses or tipping bike.  Just hard blipping of the throttle

OP - Are you sure it is definitely an air bubble causing the issues?

Archived