ABS Unit

Hi All, 

Does anyone have, or can get a picture of they abs unit for which shows which pipes go where? 

Im looking at fitting my abs unit to the project bike, but only the front wheel, and I need to know which is the in and out for the front circuit.

Hope someone can help me, the internet is coming up a blank

I basically need to know which is the feed in from the front brake lever, and which is the output. I suspect there might be a couple of outputs, maybe one for each caliper on the front.  

• Member Contributer

Hi Coxy.

Got this from the Service Manual brake bleed section. I hope the graphic for the Modulator is accurate, if so then you can identify the in and out hydraulic line of the front system from the attached. Also the parts list shows hose 8 as being the two front caliper output from the Modulator, matches both drawings.

Cheers.

Screenshot_20230524_152640_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Screenshot_20230524_155133_Google.jpg

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Coxylaad said:

That's perfect much appreciated grum!

Just out of interest, is there any special bleeding procedures for the abs unit?

Sorry, can't really advise on that, I've never removed hydraulic lines from the ABS Modulator. There seems to be no specific procedure in the Service Manual regarding bleeding of the modulator.

• Member Contributer

Shouldn't be any different than regular bleeding..... the fluid paths may be a bit longer but for regular braking (without ABS activated), the fluid bypasses the internal ABS fluid passage for regular style brakes.  Essentially a pass-thru.  Commonly when ABS activated, internally the hydraulic unit closes the bypass and diverts the fluid through a system of valves to pulse the brakes...... you're not using that during regular bleeding...... to keep it simple, just bleed using the service manual procedure.

Archived