New jacket

Philois1984

• Member Contributer

Splurged on a new jacket today, the old DriRider is looking a little worse for wear these days.

EF36C9E8-544B-4CD9-9722-757A05AF7735.jpeg.6fd9f4f1eaeadcbd689bf36dae3da210.jpeg1A27D925-FBF5-4596-8E0D-B18433061A7A.thumb.jpeg.082c82d1d17c42d7fff5f4ca67440610.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Very manly! Won't it make you...invisible? How's the armor? I'm not familiar with that brand! Congrats!

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, bmart said:

Very manly! Won't it make you...invisible? How's the armor? I'm not familiar with that brand! Congrats!

Ixon is a well known brand, has been around a while. The jacket (Vortex 2) has CE level 2 shoulder and elbow protector’s and a pocket for a back protector. It is also compatible with their air bag vest. It does come in a couple of much flashier colours but I don’t worry about my jacket colour too much safety wise. The way I look at it is if they don’t see a bright red motorcycle with modern LED headlights coming at them the jacket colour will make stuff all difference. I’m all for anything that will make me look a bit more manly though 😂

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, VFR750F3 said:

I have the IXON air bag. 

How do you find it? Comfortable, hot ect

It is not bad.  It works great for jackets and suits that it is designed for.  Nevertheless  I purchased this over other air bags because it is compatible with my old Honda jacket and other baggy jackets which are on the loose side.  Alpinestars  air bag has more protection around the shoulders except the Alpinestars 3.  The next airbag that I buy will be the new Alpinestars which does your pelvis and thighs.  The Ixon allows you to replace a canister.  There is pros and cons in both.  The  Alpinestars has 2 canisters in it when depleted you have to send it in.  The Ixon is good for quite a bit more if you survive.

Alpinestars Tech-Air 10 Race SystemAlpinestars Tech-Air 5 System - Dark Grey - M Alpinestars Tech-Air Race Airbag System X-SmallAlpinestars Tech-Air 3 System - Black - LGIxon - IX-Airbag U03, airbag vest , color: Black/Orange , size: M

Archived