Let's say you bought a 6th gen with issues...

WDIV

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, WDIV said:

The yellow wire is my 12ga extension cable on the floor far behind my bike lol.

Ha stupid me!:wacko: Just looked like a bunch of strange cables coming out of the front fairing, over suspicious about some weird wiring on your bike.

Again..any idea which of the four relays it was?

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, bmart said:

We're here to help, despite our actions...

I appreciate it more than you know. 🙂

4 hours ago, Grum said:

Ha stupid me!:wacko: Just looked like a bunch of strange cables coming out of the front fairing, over suspicious about some weird wiring on your bike.

Again..any idea which of the four relays it was?

I replaced the engine stop relay as it's the only one I see in the diagram that seems capable of bypassing the battery. 

The pic that helped me find it here.

I just used the wiring diagram to find how anything could be connected without the battery.  

On 9/9/2023 at 10:12 PM, Grum said:

P.s. Listen very closely to your video again, is it just me? Why do I hear what sounds like some sort fan running just prior to you turning OFF the Ignition near the end of the recording?

I went out to the bike last night to see if I heard the same. That's my bad. The PO installed LED lights that have fans on the back of them. Heck of an observation by you!

• Member Contributer
53 minutes ago, WDIV said:

I replaced the engine stop relay as it's the only one I see in the diagram that seems capable of bypassing the battery

WDIV. Are you able to verify that the Bank Angle Sensor wiring is all normal? Or has the BAS been bypassed ie the BAS is unplugged and the Red/Yellow wire has been Grounded or jumpered to the Green wire of the 3P connector. Refer attached drawing.

And just to be clear, your picture of the Relay base and its socket all corroded is the Engine Stop Relay? And none of the other relays have similar corrosion? 

Screenshot_20230911_223238_Gallery.jpg

• Member Contributer
20 minutes ago, Grum said:

WDIV. Are you able to verify that the Bank Angle Sensor wiring is all normal? Or has the BAS been bypassed ie the BAS is unplugged and the Red/Yellow wire has been Grounded or jumpered to the Green wire of the 3P connector. Refer attached drawing.

And just to be clear, your picture of the Relay base and its socket all corroded is the Engine Stop Relay? And none of the other relays have similar corrosion? 

I'll have to look. I looked for the Fuel Cut relay where the picture showed it and couldnt' find it. I'm not sure if it's buried somewhere or what. I'll try looking at the bank angle sensor. 

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, WDIV said:

I'll have to look. I looked for the Fuel Cut relay where the picture showed it and couldnt' find it. I'm not sure if it's buried somewhere or what. I'll try looking at the bank angle sensor. 

The reason for checking the BAS is...

If you are saying that it was the ESR causing the Ticking noise with power Off,  caused by some kind of strange short within the relay or because of all that corrosion. The Relay will still need a Ground source to make the ticking noise!

It can only get a Ground through either a shorted BAS Red/White wire to Green wire (shorted internal transistor). Or as mentioned, it may have been bypassed.

Info regarding ESR Coil - Confusing wiring, the Black Wire is +12v from the Kill Switch.The Red/Yellow is Ground/Negative suppled through the BAS.

• Like 1