5th gen injectors upgrade?

Stray

• Member Contributer

Hi @Mohawk

Are you already retired? 😅 C'mom everybody lets make a list of who wants to buy from Mohawk 5th gen kits for:

- bigger oil cooler + lines

- fuel pressure regulator plus refurbished injectors (929?)

- spark plugs ignition coils (GSXR?)

one should start a new thread named Mohawk Kits 😃

I upgraded to the 12 hole for my 2002.  I used the 2006  knock off ones from Ebay.  I reused the Orings.  The Rapid Bike adjusted perfectly to them.  I would think if you put them in a 5th gen and just change the injector connectors or buy the harness used for $24 bucks on Ebay easy peasy lemon squeezy. I tried the Blackbird FPR but the bike kept on flooding.

injector.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Concerning 929 injectors and fuel pressure I've leanred in another thread by Mohawk that pushing the stock FPR to max achieve 44psi or 3.034 bar.

Can the stock 5th gen FPR do the job finally? If not does the 919 regulator even fit or i'll need to do a similar setup than Mohawk shared?

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2023 at 9:13 PM, NorthernV4 said:

Concerning 929 injectors and fuel pressure I've leanred in another thread by Mohawk that pushing the stock FPR to max achieve 44psi or 3.034 bar.

Can the stock 5th gen FPR do the job finally? If not does the 919 regulator even fit or i'll need to do a similar setup than Mohawk shared?

It looks like the FPR for 97-01 Acuras is 3 bar and identical to the 5th gen part. I've got 929 injectors, harness, and said FPR on order right now - will report back when it arrives🤪image.thumb.jpeg.55cd55acaab3b8d995943de3149b2d6b.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Any updates here? 

I found this thread while looking into injector options for my supercharged 6th gen setup. I want more juice! 🙂

It seems I should be looking for Hayabusa injectors? The Blackbird units are almost non-existent on ebay...