Washed it and took some pics

GatorGreg

• Member Contributer

Washed it (check out how shiny the INSIDE of the tailpipe is!) and took it for a ride just to air dry it - or so I thought. Decided to take some pics (doesn't she have a sweet @$$? looked so nice I had to grab it :) ) and ended up cruising around for about an hour since it was so nice out. Now she probably needs to be washed again - LOL

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, chinook said:

Snap same exhaust but in go faster red

IMG_1882.JPG

Great pic Chinook - bike looks fantastic.  If I win the lottery I'm gonna buy a red one and a black one too to complete the set :)  Do you run your Delk carbon mini with or without baffle?  I liked the sound so much with the baffle out that I still haven't gotten around to trying it with it in.

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, QRSpecV said:

How does the new VFR compare to the old?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This is my first VFR and I've never even ridden any other generation so I have no personal experience to comment from.  That said, I've read probably every professional review of the 8th gen as well as numerous posts on forums by folks who have either owned or ridden both and the concensus seems to be that the 8th gen is the best gen ever (as it should be since it's the latest one) but that it's not as MUCH of an improvement as some reviewers were hoping for.  About the only thing I can think of that would not be an improvement of 8th gen over the 6th gen would be the loss of a few top speed mph.  However, I've had my 8th gen up over 130 (indicated) mph and I really had no desire to go any faster - so the loss of top speed is no bother to me.

• Member Contributer

I'm pretty pissed off that Honda didn't think of something to rise out from the front of the seat, open my zipper and gently yank my crank at the push of a button but you can't have everything.

I did write a review.  Some may have seen it.

17 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Great pic Chinook - bike looks fantastic.  If I win the lottery I'm gonna buy a red one and a black one too to complete the set :)  Do you run your Delk carbon mini with or without baffle?  I liked the sound so much with the baffle out that I still haven't gotten around to trying it with it in.

Always without. Love the pop and bangs on the overrun.

For the price compared to akrapovic etc, I have been impressed with the quality, fuelling spot on and think its one of the best looking for the vfr.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, chinook said:

Always without. Love the pop and bangs on the overrun.

For the price compared to akrapovic etc, I have been impressed with the quality, fuelling spot on and think its one of the best looking for the vfr.

Agreed - it's got the deepest and wildest sound of any slip-on I've heard for the 8th gen when the baffle is out.  I love the looks of the large chrome tip as well, and the price is extremely reasonable.  The combination of the sophisticated and graceful lines of the 8th gen and how it contrasts with the barbaric sound of the Delk is wonderful imo, sort of like dressing up Ms. Universe in the sluttiest of neglige - lol.  Can't remember if I posted this vid here or not, one of my faves :)

• Member Contributer

Do not take this the wrong way, but what is it with riders in Florida and those stubby exhausts?

I even scored two amazing deals on Staintune exhausts from FL guys plopping $150 shorties on their bikes as replacements.

• Member Contributer
23 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

This is my first VFR and I've never even ridden any other generation so I have no personal experience to comment from.  That said, I've read probably every professional review of the 8th gen as well as numerous posts on forums by folks who have either owned or ridden both and the concensus seems to be that the 8th gen is the best gen ever (as it should be since it's the latest one) but that it's not as MUCH of an improvement as some reviewers were hoping for.  About the only thing I can think of that would not be an improvement of 8th gen over the 6th gen would be the loss of a few top speed mph.  However, I've had my 8th gen up over 130 (indicated) mph and I really had no desire to go any faster - so the loss of top speed is no bother to me.

I think you'll find the 5th gen was the best Vfr built, after that they went for vtec with cam chains, the 5th gen with gear driven cams and that brilliant engine without the vtec crap is the best.

though I prefer the 6th gens styling, love the early vtecs in Italian red, just a pity they changed to the vtec engine.

the styling of the 8th gen is very like the 5th gens.

your bike looks great, hope to get a spin on an 8th gen at some stage.

4 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Agreed - it's got the deepest and wildest sound of any slip-on I've heard for the 8th gen when the baffle is out.  I love the looks of the large chrome tip as well, and the price is extremely reasonable.  The combination of the sophisticated and graceful lines of the 8th gen and how it contrasts with the barbaric sound of the Delk is wonderful imo, sort of like dressing up Ms. Universe in the sluttiest of neglige - lol.  Can't remember if I posted this vid here or not, one of my faves :)

Did the camera fall off the bike at the end?

• Member Contributer
On 12/7/2016 at 3:11 PM, Saoirse said:

I think you'll find the 5th gen was the best Vfr built, after that they went for vtec with cam chains, the 5th gen with gear driven cams and that brilliant engine without the vtec crap is the best.

though I prefer the 6th gens styling, love the early vtecs in Italian red, just a pity they changed to the vtec engine.

the styling of the 8th gen is very like the 5th gens.

your bike looks great, hope to get a spin on an 8th gen at some stage.

Thanks for the compliment.  Yeah I'd love to ride a 5th gen one day.   I could probably live without the vtec but it sounds killer when it kicks in - it's very addictive!

• Member Contributer
On 12/7/2016 at 2:04 PM, thtanner said:

Do not take this the wrong way, but what is it with riders in Florida and those stubby exhausts?

I even scored two amazing deals on Staintune exhausts from FL guys plopping $150 shorties on their bikes as replacements.

Hello thtanner, I can't speak for everyone in FL obviously but for me I just love it LOUD.   From my limited understanding of exhausts, the GENERAL rule is the shorter the pipe, the louder the exhaust.  There is little if any enforcement of noise laws here in FL (at least in Central FL where I am) so we can and do get away with extremely loud pipes - and this would therefore lead to a higher demand for shorty exhausts.  From what I understand Cali is a more regulatory environment (e.g., tail pipe emissions regulations, mandatory helmet laws, gun control laws, etc.), so I would imagine the noise police have a more forceful presence out there. 

• Member Contributer
On 12/7/2016 at 4:53 PM, CJMajesty said:

Did the camera fall off the bike at the end?

Yes it did and amazingly it survived unscathed and still works!  I was surprised it didn't suffer any damage because it wasn't in the normal gopro case - I use the skeleton case so I can have an external mic routed into the side of the camera.  I had it mounted with the clip attachment onto part of the license plate frame as I recall - obviously it wasn't strong enough to hold for very long - LOL

Archived