Multi compound tires?

250ninjarider

• Member Contributer

Where I live and ride in WV the Pilot Road handeled great and wore evenly. Year before last I tried the Pilot Road 2 and the sides wore out before the middle. Around here the roads have more turns than straights. I don't want a multi compound tire.

What tire do I get now that they are no longer making Pilot Road?

Pirelli Angel ST? In the twisties I liked the Pirelli Angel ST as much as the PR2 and the Pirelli is a single compound tire. The Pirelli offers a lot more grip than a PR and will likely wear a bit faster too. It's been a while since I've had PRs

Where I live and ride in WV the Pilot Road handeled great and wore evenly. Year before last I tried the Pilot Road 2 and the sides wore out before the middle. Around here the roads have more turns than straights. I don't want a multi compound tire.

If you like original pilot roads, which are like balloons, vaquest inaccurate tire Ive ever seen, you shouldnt be hard to please.

They do have a decent life span though, kind of like torture :pissed:

Really, the only tire, that can live that life and is supier in traction and performance, is the road2. Now I assume you run a decent pressure, which definitely aides in life. There nothing you'll be able to go to, thats going to equal the life , without traction loss. But like I say, if you like original Pilot roads, you cant be that demanding.

Here's a link to some PR's ... I ran them for years and liked them as well, except in my case swapped over to the PR2's due to the middle wearing out faster than the sides. I actually like the sype pattern on the PR better than the 2's, I never had a cupping problem on the PR's. Of course that might change now that my suspension has been upgraded.

http://www.jakewilson.com/typeDetail.do?navType=type&navTitle=Motorcycle+Tires&webTypeId=444&webCatId=57

• Member Contributer

The spud-meister is at it again!!! Making friends along the way...LOL

• Member Contributer

He is right, though. It can be a bit subjective as well as depend on the suspension of the bike, but the PRs were OEM on my last bike and I thought they were like granite slathered in Crisco. :tongue:

A better tire? :goofy:

In all seriousness, why not just try Pilot Powers? Single-compund, pretty sticky, and cheap by Michelin standards.

• Member Contributer

He is right, though. It can be a bit subjective as well as depend on the suspension of the bike, but the PRs were OEM on my last bike and I thought they were like granite slathered in Crisco. :tongue:

A better tire? :goofy:

In all seriousness, why not just try Pilot Powers? Single-compund, pretty sticky, and cheap by Michelin standards.

Crisco slathered granite would not instill much rider confidence!!! I run the Pilot Powers at the track on my old F2 and love them...especially like the price.

• Member Contributer

What kind of mileage are you getting out of Pilot Powers?

I run a PR2 on the back, and my freeway commute can even flatten those, but i run a Power front and got at least 5K and maybe closer to 8K out of my last one. I know the guys who live around mountains sometimes get a lot less, but I would think it depends on your riding style...

Archived