H4 bulb adaptor rings

Bubba5000

Wondering if anybody has tried these things. Seems like it might be nice to be able to use silver stars or the other higher end, brighter halogens, or even just to be able to buy inexpensive replacements at the local O’Reilley’s or whatever, even though you can get the 34901-MD2-672 bulbs for $6 + shipping on EBay. Seems cool, but I’m suspicious of stuff like this.  https://www.amazon.com/Bulb-Adapter-Rings-Honda-Motorcycles/dp/B07M5HYSMQ/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=h4+adapter+rings&qid=1564267566&s=automotive&sr=1-3

• Member Contributer

As a 6th gen owner... It's definitely convenient to buy normal headlight bulbs. I know what you mean though... I always hate buying something with no reviews. Still... $14... so about the cost of lunch?

Yep. Pretty cheap, but I’m Shoe-stringing it big time, and have already spent about $250 on parts, mostly for just routine Maintenance stuff that I need to do out of a lack of documented service history and a suspicious look of overall mechanical neglect once I open up any system I have examined so far on this thing, even though the cosmetics are really good. I enjoy the wrenching part, and wouldn’t care if I was as flush as I have been for most of my life, but things are a bit tight and stuff adds up. Also, if I took the dive on these things, then I’d be tempted to buy me a cheap Chinese Ebay LED H4 kit. One thing leads to another, y’know? 

Hmm. I guess this is a thing. Another person mentioned this to me also just now. I assume you have done this and the bulbs don’t wiggle or vibrate at all?

• Member Contributer
53 minutes ago, Rescue119 said:

My led h4 I got fits in my 07 no problems and no trimming.

Pic stock vs led

RCP H4 HB2 9003 LED Headlight... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B078BNXCR4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

20190723_153053.jpg

It would... 6th gens take an H4. Many Honda motorcycles from a certain era take a non-standard bulb for some idiotic reason.

Archived