tyre pressure monitor system

anth85

has anyone got one of these setup?

link

I am thinking of getting some for my caravan, which prompted me to think is it worth getting for the VFR. Not 100% convinced there is as much of a need, the caravan is a twin axle so if one deflates it'll keep going but it would good to have a warning before rubber starts being thrown all over the road, on a bike if a tyre is deflating you'll soon know about it so I suppose it's more use in saving you having to check them manually.

• Member Contributer

I have one, not that brand, for my triple axle toyhauler basically for the same reason you're thinking. I've had a couple tires bite the big one in

the past, and a little warning might have saved some body damage from the tire coming apart. But I'm thinking that it may be relatively

unnecessary on the bike. Like you say, you'll notice a low tire pretty quick. OTOH my stepson was complaining about how poorly his bike was

handling and discovered he had less than 20 psi in the rear tire. The price is decent, but I'd do a fair amount of checking before I relied on it

completely.

• Member Contributer

I haven't got any, but I note that you can get a pair of Chinese Bluetooth-enabled pressure sensor vale caps for under £30 on Amazon.co.uk these days.   They work with an app on your smartphone, so if you're using that already you don't need a separate display.

Ciao,

JZH

Archived