snapped a bolt off.......now what

I snapped a bolt off in the brass L braket above the left side radiator that holds the fairing on. I bought one of those cheepbay chinese color match bolt kits because it had some plastic clips listed.....that by the way didn't fit either. The bolts are the softest aluminum you have ever seen. Anyway my factory bolt was going in about half way and then getting hung up right before the fairings would be tight, so I took it out because I was removing the fairings to do the 12 volt meter and I took off the other side to because of the shift indicator mod. Anyway that bracket is brass and only about 3 inches long. Should I take it off and go to the Honda dealer and get a new one, or drill out the soft aluminum bolt and retap it with a tap and die kit my uncle will have to loan me?

thanks

Joel

weather is crap here this week so I have some down time anyway. 

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, exwifeschewtoy said:

I snapped a bolt off in the brass L braket above the left side radiator that holds the fairing on. I bought one of those cheepbay chinese color match bolt kits because it had some plastic clips listed.....that by the way didn't fit either. The bolts are the softest aluminum you have ever seen. Anyway my factory bolt was going in about half way and then getting hung up right before the fairings would be tight, so I took it out because I was removing the fairings to do the 12 volt meter and I took off the other side to because of the shift indicator mod. Anyway that bracket is brass and only about 3 inches long. Should I take it off and go to the Honda dealer and get a new one, or drill out the soft aluminum bolt and retap it with a tap and die kit my uncle will have to loan me?

thanks

Joel

weather is crap here this week so I have some down time anyway. 

Hi Joel.

If you don't have any luck with a drill, eze out, and tap, then just buy a newy at the grand sum of $3.53 P/No. 64511-MCW-D00. Surprised to hear you say the L Bracket is Brass!

Check out Partzilla web site.

11 hours ago, Grum said:

Hi Joel.

If you don't have any luck with a drill, eze out, and tap, then just buy a newy at the grand sum of $3.53 P/No. 64511-MCW-D00. Surprised to hear you say the L Bracket is Brass!

Check out Partzilla web site.

Great site....never been there. It looks brass to me. I verified with google images that the part number you gave me is indeed the correct one. Really have to thank you for this one....for the part number and turning me on to this site. 

I found a great sale on tires through Motosport.com

https://www.motosport.com/metzeler-roadtec-z8-interact-tire-combo

Here are the tires I was thinking about getting. Please let me know if they are a good choice if you have time. They would only be 177 delivered after figuring in the 50 dollar rebate. I have a mechanic that will install them for 50 bucks if I bring him the wheels. 

thanks again. 

Joel

Archived