Delkavic carbon shorty exhaust and OEM Honda rear hugger review

• Member Contributer

Nice, when I got my bike it had a ton of extras including the oem rear tire hugger that I just found yesterday hidden under there haha. Also my del exhaust is on its way too. 

• Member Contributer

As usual, OEM hugger too low/short, so crap flies straight over the top of it from the tyre & onto the rear shock :(  It's better than nothing, but they really could do better.  Does the new VFR have a crap flap ? I always add them to my bikes, a piece of neoprene rubber sheet cut to shape to hang from the battery box & stop just short of the swigarm or hugger. It's soft & flexible, it moves with the suspension & stops that crap that gets over the short hugger from covering the shock.

Yep - crap flap indeed!  I left it on, especially since it is pop riveted and I would have to remove them to re-install.  It does seem a few inches short, but the painted ones seem cheap looking to me, saw one on a 2014 and it reminded me of an autozone stick on brake vent thing.... just looked like it was abs painted plastic.   I kind of dig the low key look, I am chasing down the tail tidy from NZ - then I think the hugger will draw some more attention.

• Member Contributer

Nice!  The Delk carbon mini is definitely one of (if not the) lightest and loudest exhausts available for the 8th gen and I think it looks awesome too!  You will rarely be outgunned at impromptu exhaust comparisons with other bikes - just remember to wear your earplugs :tongue:

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Aeolo said:

Got to agree best looking and sounding pipe for the eighth generation.

755ae05be47e191797e8a16df0444209.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since this is turning into a Delkevic carbon mini love fest I better post a pic of mine too :tongue:

IMG_0173.thumb.JPG.245083f01dfdb8d270527ca80277d850.JPG

WOW - that white painted hugger!!  Should of consulted the forum before my purchase.....  Some of the pics online made it look cheap - but that color looks spot on.

Also - now that I have the wheel more obvious, the tail seems like its out of place.  Like old shoes with new socks, something just doesn't fit.   Still awaiting a response on a tail tidy - any ideas?

• Member Contributer

I finally got my delkevic 8” shorty in the mail today. There was no instructions but I am guessing I reuse the factory clamp by the converter, and use their silicon at both clamp locations. Then as for the DB killer I would like to try it out with and without so can I leave the silicone out while I do this? Also I doesn’t seem like there is any packing around the baffle or is there supposed to tube? 

Archived