Front Seat

weee06

• Member Contributer

So I know a lot of people recommend leaving the front seat on the low position in the rear and on the higher position in the front. I like that idea but is there supposed to be extra rubbers your install to raise the front? Do I have to buy them?

• Member Contributer
29 minutes ago, weee06 said:

So I know a lot of people recommend leaving the front seat on the low position in the rear and on the higher position in the front. I like that idea but is there supposed to be extra rubbers your install to raise the front? Do I have to buy them?

Never heard of such a recommdation!! Your owners manual clearly explains the method of setting the seat height, there's no need for extra rubbers!!! You set the seat to either Hi or Low position, whatever suits you, there is no inbetween.

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, Grum said:

Never heard of such a recommdation!! Your owners manual clearly explains the method of setting the seat height, there's no need for extra rubbers!!! You set the seat to either Hi or Low position, whatever suits you, there is no inbetween.

This allows you to sit more flat in the saddle instead of slipping in toward the tank. Manual says to remove some rubbers to lower and add to raise in the front of the seat. 

38D5AC17-B9CD-4DFB-A557-35D269E2A057.png

• Member Contributer

So what you are suggesting is to have the rear brackets in the low position and have the socket bolts and collars at the front for high position. The socket bolts and collars should have come with your bike. Guess if this combination still allows the front of the seat to properly lock into the front bracket then give it a try, however this is not a Honda recommended thing to do.

Cheers.

• Member Contributer
39 minutes ago, weee06 said:

This allows you to sit more flat in the saddle instead of slipping in toward the tank. Manual says to remove some rubbers to lower and add to raise in the front of the seat. 

38D5AC17-B9CD-4DFB-A557-35D269E2A057.png

Hi Weee06.

You got my curiosity going. Just tried what you are suggesting on my bike and you can do it, However when trying to fit the rear cowl back on the bike the locking latch at the rear of the cowl would not line up, the cowl is pushed further rearward because of the incorrect seat angle. So as far as I can see the idea is a no go.

Also they are metal collars added or removed at the front of the seat to raise or lower the seat NOT rubbers, they should have come with your bike.

Cheers.

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, Grum said:

Popular one brought over from the Pan site. Alters the angle of the pelvis  more forward. 

Have tried it on mine  but makes life extremely difficult putting rear seat or Cowl back on. So gave up. I didn’t think it was that comfortable on journey I tried it on. 

Having mine brand new but the front seat was set like that. Low position on the rear. High position on the front(with rubber). After a while i notice that the front seat is a little bit losy so i decide to follow Honda instructions and modify the seat for low position. Now, my knee hurt(I'm 6'2/188 cm) but i don't like how the seat looks on high position. I'm thinking about redone this.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Kwee69 said:

Having mine brand new but the front seat was set like that. Low position on the rear. High position on the front(with rubber). After a while i notice that the front seat is a little bit losy so i decide to follow Honda instructions and modify the seat for low position. Now, my knee hurt(I'm 6'2/188 cm) but i don't like how the seat looks on high position. I'm thinking about redone this.

Just an idea but have you tried some lowered pegs? Mine again came with bar risers and lowers side pegs. I was trying to flatten out my seat so I done slide into the tank as much 

1 minute ago, weee06 said:

Just an idea but have you tried some lowered pegs? Mine again came with bar risers and lowers side pegs. I was trying to flatten out my seat so I done slide into the tank as much 

Can you take a photo of your lowers side pegs ? Must be a pain with the QS fitted :/

20171228_141000.jpg

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, Kwee69 said:

Can you take a photo of your lowers side pegs ? Must be a pain with the QS fitted :/

20171228_141000.jpg

Not at all, actually if you go to the posting about quick shifter I commented with a ton of pictures with my set up. I think the only thing I did was move the shifter down a little by pivoting on the shaft a couple splines. 

33 minutes ago, weee06 said:

Not at all, actually if you go to the posting about quick shifter I commented with a ton of pictures with my set up. I think the only thing I did was move the shifter down a little by pivoting on the shaft a couple splines. 

Oh ok i see now. Didn't imagine something like that. 

Archived