Bringing her back to life, The JunkenViffer Story

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFellow said:

Ok, I checked before hand on the slave. There was movement in both the used one, and the one that came off too...So it could be on the mechanical side. Weak springs maybe? There's a noticeable clatter from my clutch when it is disengaged, when it's engaged it goes away. Not sure if that has any relation.

Thanks, Miles

Clutches aren't supposed to make noise really. I haven't dug into them much yet, so not sure what could be wrong. Fourtunaly most of the clutch parts are still available from Honda. At least it is winter, I'm looking forward to better weather so I can put lots of miles on.

Yeah I figured as much. I'm not too familiar either so my opinion on such matter doesn't mean a whole lot. I considered doing it for the hell of it earlier but I'm already doing everything else on the bike, might as well do the clutch while I'm at it. Yeah no kidding, my end goal is be done completely by March or April and be able to just ride this summer. The sun is out there somewhere, it'll be back soon enough!

7 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

Did you pull the pushrod and check it for roughness or other signs it might be binding? Smooth it down with some wet sandpaper and even put it back inverted.

I have not no, I left the pushrod in the bike and only replaced the slave. I can pull it and do that, I did note the end of the pushrod was a bit dirty though. Also my seal that contacts the pushrod on my old slave was damaged. Do you mean inverted as in flipping it around? Also thanks for the suggestions!

Miles

Yeah, back to front... The left end where the right end is now... Like pull it out, sand it smooth and put it back the other way round. Oriented in the opposite direction. Not sure how else to explain it...

10 minutes ago, Auspanglish said:

Yeah, back to front... The left end where the right end is now... Like pull it out, sand it smooth and put it back the other way round. Oriented in the opposite direction. Not sure how else to explain it...

I gotcha. Thanks I'll try that tonight and see if it helps. I'm hoping I don't have to do the clutch but if this doesn't do anything it's next up. Plus I'm ordering a clear cover anyways so I may as well while it's off.

Wow,   what a find, and thanks to you it lives again. That exhaust is worth half or more than what you paid for the VFR.  that in it;s self made this way worth the purchase. IMO. Nice.  Now to complement this header by finding a Staintune. 

On 2/3/2017 at 8:12 PM, RVFR said:

Wow,   what a find, and thanks to you it lives again. That exhaust is worth half or more than what you paid for the VFR.  that in it;s self made this way worth the purchase. IMO. Nice.  Now to complement this header by finding a Staintune. 

Yes indeed, at least I thought so. I figured she deserved another chance at life, a life of not pure neglect! The TB system was just pure luck, except for the cylinder 3 header which was all busted up. I'm still on the hunt for someone who could properly repair it or replicate it... Also I'm not too informed on the staintune exhaust at all.

Well,  for what its worth,  I have a guy that could fix that header here in Tacamo if you're interested let me know. Ok,  just type in Google 4th gen vfr staintune ;) 

4 hours ago, RVFR said:

Well,  for what its worth,  I have a guy that could fix that header here in Tacamo if you're interested let me know. Ok,  just type in Google 4th gen vfr staintune ;) 

Is that so? You have my attention sir, could I get contact info or a referral? It'd be nice to not worry about it splitting again! I did do some research, doesn't really seem like they turn up all to often but a great can. I'm not sure if it'd suit my application though, I'd like it to make a good bit of noise as well. Thinking about Delkevic DL10 high mount, has a great tone, look, and loudness. Or go for full glory and do a SC Projects CRT. 

Miles

Archived