Trunk Options

Does anyone have a lead on a seller for the Honda top case that is reasonable. The near $1000 dollar price tag is a bit tough to swallow. Might have to go with a different option unless I can land a used one maybe. I've been eyeing the Kappa cases but I prefer the Honda mount vs. the Givi style with the raised arms. Maybe go with the SW Motech aluminum rack hmmm........ Any information is appreciated......

I can speak to the SW Motech/Honda adaptor plate for Givi as a no rattle, slim, solid rack albeit a bit low rise for ham fisted grab rails. 

image.jpeg

Paired with Monokey V47. (Purchased from Twisted Throttle)

• Member Contributer

I also can attest to the SW Motech product.  I used it for a good while.  Top notch.  You do get some good options with the Givi cases as well, varying sizes, and can run lighting to it.

If I remember correctly when installing, I had to go buy a tap to match the threads for a few spots on the mounting for the Motech rack, as paint had gotten on the threads in some holes, and others were not tapped completely.  Not that big of a deal, but really expected better.  Once mounted, solid as a rock.  You could tow cars with it.

I just picked up my 1200 which came with all 3 oem cases. Despite the astronomical price I can attest it's a very nice case. Very positive feel on the handle and lock mechanism. Paint is gorgeous and the pivoting hinge design has a nice feel to it. .The hinge design does rob potential storage space however. Having it keyed to my ignition key is a positive as well. I have a Givi Case on the back of my ST which I'm quite satisfied with, but the Honda OEM makes it feel kinda cheap by comparison.  Depending on how long you want to keep the machine, it may semi-justify the investment. I agree it's overpriced though. Should be a $600-$800 case probably. As a brightside my dealer here in Canada told me its $1200 + 15% local sales tax. So your rape will be a little more gentle than some of us out here.... 

20160829_234312.jpg

• Member Contributer

A new, grey one

(NHA14)
Artikelnummer: 08L55-MGE-830

Incl carrier/bracket is offered by a shop in NL for euro 375

Insured Shipping I reckon ~80 euro

If you want contact details, let me know

I ordered the 45L kit from Ling's Honda in England.  For the rack, bracket and box it was around 700 shipped.  That was before Brexit, so it should be way cheaper now with the pound falling.  The highlighted part number includes all the parts you need.  This was the price at the time, you'll have to convert it to US dollars.  £483.33 GBP  The smaller case would be a little cheaper, but the 45L holds 2 full faced helmets.  It also matches the bike nicely, and uses the ignition key.  I can take some pics if you want, but there should be some on the interweb.

TOP BOX ASSEMBLY 45L
08ETB-MGE-TB45A
All components required to fit the
45L top box. This includes rear
carrier (08L42-MGE-800), top
box (08L72-MGE-D40Z), carrier
bracket (08L73-MGE-D40) and
cylinder inner kit (08M73-HAC-J41).
Available in Candy Prominence
Red (08L73-MGE-TB45A), Darkness
Black Metallic (08L73-MGE-TB45D)
and Titanium Blade Metallic (08L73-