First service checklist

mikeswe

Hi! I was wondering about the first service (at 1000km or 600mi). Does the service manual state any checklist for this service in addition to the items stated in the owners manual maintenance schedule? Something extra that shall be checked?

Don't forget to adjust the idle speed.  Factory setting is pretty high ~1800 RPM and it needs to set to 1200.  I also had to adjust the throttle free play too.   Honda seems to leave them at the max on the adjustment from the factory.  My CBR was the exact same way, way too much free play on the throttle.

• Member Contributer
42 minutes ago, Tbone322 said:

Don't forget to adjust the idle speed.  Factory setting is pretty high ~1800 RPM and it needs to set to 1200.  I also had to adjust the throttle free play too.   Honda seems to leave them at the max on the adjustment from the factory.  My CBR was the exact same way, way too much free play on the throttle.

Oh yes and the owners book says "Idle Speed non adjustable" absolute Bullsh@t. Note that the warm Idle Speed adjuster is on the left side just forward and upward from the clutch slave cylinder.

Thanks guys. Nothing special then except normal service and go through brakes, fluids and bolts/fasteners. The idle speed is about 1300-1400rpm when warmed up now.

• Member Contributer

This, to me, is an important service to have done right.  Being a new bike, everything with a torque value should be checked for proper torque, your idle speed will likely need to be set correctly (very easy), and it's a chance to have another set of eyes check for things that might have come loose or get adjusted properly.  After done properly, the bike is ready to rip.  ; )

• 3 weeks later...
On July 21, 2016 at 8:45 PM, Grum said:

Oh yes and the owners book says "Idle Speed non adjustable" absolute Bullsh@t. Note that the warm Idle Speed adjuster is on the left side just forward and upward from the clutch slave cylinder.

Does the fairing have to come off to adjust the idle? Also can you post a pic of what the adjuster looks like ? Hope it's not an inconvenience.   Thanks

• Member Contributer

No, the fairing doesn't have to come off.  With a flashlight, look behind the left upper fairing and you will see  a black knob.  Turn it to adjust the idle.  Easy peasy.  

Archived