Which 2pc. Leather Suit?

CHUCK2

• Member Contributer

Looking for recommendations on 2pc leather suits. Might spend up to $300ish.

• Member Contributer

All I can say is look in the closeout section of the online retailers, here you can usually find the good stuff for cheap. Otherwise you're looking at second hand (not that this is bad), middle grade or lower grade gear (YMMV). Most of my gear is Dainese (because I can and it actually fits me well!) which I either got on closeout, or a significant discount (sometimes it's who you know) but I don't think I ever paid full retail for anything other than maybe a couple of helmets (desperate need usually cost you more) as I either waited for closeout or knew someone who could help out.

I always peruse the closeout section of the usual haunts, Revzilla, Sport Bike Track Gear, Motorcycle Gear, Jake Wilson, etc. and sometimes you'll great deals on Alpinestars, Dainese, Rev'It, Cortech, and few others.

Of course there are always the Cycle Gear house brands Bilt and Sedici but personally I didn't find them too enticing but I know quite a few people who wear these brands and like them and to each their own. On par with these brands is a company in Los Angeles called Top Gear Leathers. However, the Perrini line is what I would suggest looking at, their other suits are on the low grade scale.

Another brand that seems to be relatively inexpensive is AGV Sport (no affiliation with AGV helmets) but trying to find a place to try them on may be a little difficult in some regions of the country.

All that being said, $300 is not much money for a leather suit but sometimes you can get lucky.

Do you currently have a leather jacket? If so, you can pick up leather pants for cheap and have a matching zipper fitted. I picked up some Frank Thomas pants years ago on clearance for about $80, though I never got around to getting a zipper to match any of my jackets.

• Member Contributer

I did buy a Cortech jacket($269) that I haven't worn yet & might return after realizing that I could've got a leather jacket for much less.

So I have a couple options:

-Keep the jacket & find some cheap leather pants.(preferred)

-Return jacket & find a fairly inexpensive 2pc. suit.

Archived