Pannier bracket installation

Wiggie

I purchased a used pair of Honda panniers and mounting brackets for my 6th Generation VFR 800 but they came without the spacers that go between the pannier bracket and the passenger grab handle. Without these spacers the installation looks unfinished. I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for where or how I could purchase these two spacers (there is a left and a right hand version). My local Honda dealer couldn't seem to figure out how to get them for me. You can see the spacers in the pictures.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

gallery_17273_5264_18603.jpg

gallery_17273_5264_133719.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'm not sure about sixth gen oem bags but if they are made by Givi, Givi sells mounting hardware parts. I've had very good support from GiviUSA: www.giviusa.com

You might try talking to the engineers about your needs:

North Carolina Location             Nevada Location

9309 Forsyth Park Dr.                  506 E. Glendale Ave

Charlotte, NC 28273                     Sparks, NV 89431

United States                                 United States

(704) 679-4123                             (775) 359-0900

info@giviusa.com

Good luck.

• Member Contributer

If you can't find the foam spacers (they are hard to find), then just get a pair of the painted covers and drill holes in those.  It looks better anyways.

On flea bay UK, theres a pair of Carbon Fibre grab handles WITH SPACERS to fit your bike, at the moment theres no bids on them and theres just over 2 days to go or theres a buy it now price of about $100 excluding postage. Go on, treat yourself, you know you want to !!!!

Heres the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-vfr-800-vtec-grab-rails-CARBON-FIBRE-/252456102132?hash=item3ac78e68f4:g:lDQAAOSwanRXggkO

Good luck

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Carpy said:

On flea bay UK, theres a pair of Carbon Fibre grab handles WITH SPACERS to fit your bike, at the moment theres no bids on them and theres just over 2 days to go or theres a buy it now price of about $100 excluding postage. Go on, treat yourself, you know you want to !!!!

Heres the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-vfr-800-vtec-grab-rails-CARBON-FIBRE-/252456102132?hash=item3ac78e68f4:g:lDQAAOSwanRXggkO

Good luck

Will not ship outside of the UK...

Archived