R1 steering stops

shaynus

• Member Contributer

Hi Everyone 

Can someone please point me in the right direction to threads of people who have fitted R1 front ends to their 5th/6th gens? I know they are out there, but can't find any threads. Probably because they would have been done so long ago!

Specifically want to see what has been done in regards to steering stops.

Thanks!

I just milled down the steering stops on my cbr929/954 triple trees with a dremel. No big deal. It might have been better to use an rc51 lower and 929 upper, but I just worked with what I had.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Side note, why can't I comment from desk top. Only my mobile app is working -_-

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Okay after commenting via mobile app, I am now able to comment from desktop again. That was weird.

So you are doing an R1 front end as well?  Me too.  I joined an r1 forum and waited for a year to find a good price on a 2004 complete r1 front end. I got the wheel, forks. calipers, master cylinder, triples. Everything. I think I paid 500-600.00 with shipping.

my 5th gen project is in pieces. I have the engine and swing arm sitting on the garage floor and the frame in my house with the front end. Still not sure if I want to make a naked bike or just rebuild the thing to look like a stock bike with USDF and a nice rear shock.

• Member Contributer

I have an R1 front end on my 93.  I drilled and tapped the stock stops on the lower triple and inserted bolts with heads cut off and an X cut into the tip for adjustment.  Works so far.

Archived