Malcolm smith at Vintage motorcycle show

• Member Contributer

I went to the "Riding into History"  motorcycle show yesterday at the" World golf Village" in St Augustine. Malcolm smith was the grand marshal. What a cool guy, Signed autographs and talked about racing and life in general. Man I idolized him when I was growing up and reading all the mags. Never saw him ride in person being on the east coast. What a thrill to meet him, got so excited I forgot to take a picture with him. Someone there said he had been voted Motorcyclist of the century I could not think of a more deserving person seemed to be a genuine nice guy that loved to ride motorcycles. I got some pictures of some cool bikes, only VFR there was a Very nice VF 500. there were some RD 400's there that brought back memories. I had a blue one like in the picture when I was about 20 wish I still had it now what a great bike! Also a TZ750 there that the owner used to go over 200 mph on the Bonneville salt flats.  There were 3 CB400Fs one of each color man did I want one of those when I was a kid. Still look good after all these years. Picture of the 1st scooter?? Called a Ner-a-car.   Harley single cylinder flat tracker And I don't even know what the pink thing is but it had 2 seats and engine in the rear.  

2016 motorcycle concourse 004.JPG

2016 motorcycle concourse 002.JPG

2016 motorcycle concourse 003.JPG

2016 motorcycle concourse 010.JPG

2016 motorcycle concourse 012.JPG

2016 motorcycle concourse 001.JPG

2016 motorcycle concourse 005.JPG

2016 motorcycle concourse 006.JPG

2016 motorcycle concourse 007.JPG

2016 motorcycle concourse 008.JPG

2016 motorcycle concourse 009.JPG

2016 motorcycle concourse 013.JPG

2016 motorcycle concourse 015.JPG

2016 motorcycle concourse 016.JPG

• Member Contributer

The 3 wheeler is a Messerschmidt,  JAWOHL!!!! :goofy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_KR200

Nice VF500, 'cept for them red grips... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

• Member Contributer

The Barber museum in Birmingham is worth the trip and is an all day adventure.  ALL of their restored machines aren't finished until they are in condition to go around the track outside the museum.   Nice pics. 

Archived